Senior DevOps Engineer (f/m/x)
Infrastructure – Dev Ops /
Permanent - full time
Your heart beats for writing code and system administration. You have always felt at home in both worlds, and believed that you can be the bridge between Infrastructure and Development. With your extensive experience in Kubernetes and programming, it is always easy for you to make the necessary changes to the infrastructure to ensure fast and reliable deployments. With every iteration, you adjust and improve the processes and automate as much as possible. Your desk will be located in Munich, but your impact will be global.
- Design and development of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Kubernetes, kops || eksctl || gcloud).
- Coverage of the infrastructure with monitoring / metric collection / log aggregation tools (Prometheus, Sensu, ELK, Grafana, DataDog).
- Troubleshooting infrastructure incidents.
- Participation in on-call rotation (not busy, we strive to maintain a healthy level of alert hygiene and fix problems, not create workarounds to them).
- Support of software development teams with implementing the best CI/CD practices.
- Design and implementation of the automated security checks and scans on cloud platforms.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, ArgoCD/Flux.
- Experience with Linux administration, configuration, and automation.
- Adherence to GitOps methodology.
- Solution-architect level of familiarity with AWS.
- Strong programming skills (Bash, Python, Golang, etc.).
- Experience with common CI tools (GitLab CI, CircleCI, Jenkins).
- Experience with SQL and noSQL databases (high availability, upscaling) is a plus.
- Ownership of both tasks and initiatives.
- Desire to play a mentoring role for junior engineers.
- Proficient English communication skills.
- Being a team player rather than a lone-wolf type.
What we offer you
- 30 days holiday per year
- Italian coffee and fresh fruits
- gym membership
- flexible work hours
- active participation and sponsoring of conferences and meet-ups
- centrally located with a great view
- PPRO Social (company events, lunch'n'learn)
- The best international team you have ever worked with
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.