CrossCard – CrossCard
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and innovative tech company? Interested in working in a fast paced environment with people from all around the world?
Crosscard is not just another FinTech startup. We are an e-money institution with a license by the Luxembourg banking authority CSSF and member of Mastercard with offices in Luxembourg and Munich. With our consumer brand VIABUY, we help people manage their everyday payments without the need for a bank - and no matter if good, or bad, or no credit history at all. Our current B2B customers are in quite good company, too. All this we created under the hat of PPRO, the go-to hub for local payment methods funded by HPE, Paypal and Citi.
Building upon the running business and years of experience, we are now becoming independent to follow our new mission – to simplify and automate corporate spending and build no less than the future of company expenses and cash management. Capturing the momentum, we strive to become even more customer-centric, an environmentally friendly company and a must go-to-employer. Our international team is growing rapidly, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience for our customers.
As Senior Risk Manager you will be responsible for handling risk related processes around the issuing of e-money and virtual and physical cards. This includes helping to build, educate and motivate a team of dedicated risk managers to fulfil this target. While reporting directly to senior executives and supporting executives and the board of directors in establishing an appropriate risk appetite for Crosscard, you will help to develop and maintain risk policies and procedures that are consistent with this risk appetite.
Risk mitigation for Crosscard and its customers is the key function in this role
- Assess, monitor and mitigate risks within the organisation on a timely and proactive basis and ensure appropriate communication of risks to management and between departments - this includes but is not limited to transaction monitoring, chargeback monitoring, maintaining risk overview and holding related update meetings with different teams on a regular basis
- Help to implement additional risk monitoring and risk mitigation measures and systems
- Lead, coordinate and motivate a team of risk managers
- Analyse fraud and money laundering and terrorist financing risks and identify, recommend, implement improved controls to decrease the company’s risk
- Proactively monitor existing, new or emerging criminal activity trends as they relate to our business and develop and recommend strategies to protect the organisation from these criminal initiatives
- Support the enterprise risk management function
- Become the point of contact within Crosscard but also externally for banks, payment providers, customers and authorities for risk related issues like fraud handling
- Be involved in the day to day operations
- Advanced knowledge in the field of payment risk and ideally as well around Issuing
- Must have at least 5 years’ substantial experience in payment and payment risk.
- Experience in leading a team of risk managers
- Ability to conduct in-depth investigations into business transactions and identify trends and patterns of activity or deviations
- A motivated and engaged personality, you enjoy working as part of a team and are extremely reliable
- required to be Client-oriented (understand the “needs”) and to have a good understanding of online payment, the related risks, processes and risk documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English and ideally a second language)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Sound MS Office skills
- Adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines on assignments and workflow fluctuation
- Self-motivated, organized and results-oriented
- Professional education (University / MSc degree/ Bachelor degree) in Finance, Risk or Economics.
What we offer
Challenging and diverse work with scope to introduce your own ideas and experience.
An excellent working atmosphere in a highly-motivated and successful team with an international corporate culture.
An attractive salary as well as long-term prospects in a successful company with strong growth.