Business Development Manager, Innovation & VAS
Innovation – Innovation /
Permanent - full time
The payments landscape is constantly moving forward, and at PPRO we are constantly seeking out new ways to bring value to our customers through payments innovation. The Business Development Manager, Innovation strengthens our team by seeking out new partners and suppliers in our strategic areas of innovation and supporting both business and product development for payment innovation and value-added services. This can span everything from blockchain technology and transaction analytics to instant credit transfers, Open Banking and central bank digital currencies. This is a commercial role, but with a strong focus on joint product development and assessment of product/market fit.
What you will be doing:
- Identify and contact potential suppliers/partners to support PPRO’s strategic innovation initiatives.
- Contribute to all stages of the structured innovation process from conception and design through validation through to go to market.
- Work closely with product and innovation managers to design compelling value propositions incorporating products and services from one or more partners.
- Conduct commercial negotiations with partners and establish efficient business models.
- Support business development within PPRO’s existing client base for innovative products and services.
- Guide partners through vendor selection and due diligence processes.
You'll need to have:
- A strong background in the payments industry. You know the PSP business generally, and understand how the broader payments industry is structured.
- Strong, all-around business background and previous experience in a business development role. You understand business development, sales, marketing and supplier management.
- A strong background and focus on relationship building and driving creative solutions for your partners
- Curiosity and a love of learning, creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills in English language
Why you should join:
- Opportunity to make a real impact by joining the latest FinTech Unicorn
- International and diverse team with a growth mindset, close collaboration and transparency
- 30 days of holiday
- Flexible work arrangement
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
Most of the world’s e-commerce purchases are made with a local payment method, not a big-brand credit card. Yet most of the payments industry is card-centric; not many companies can accept the 500 different ways the world pays. That’s where PPRO comes in.
PPRO focuses on local payments, all day, every day. While many Buzzword-as-a-Service companies try to be all things to all people, we painstakingly engineer our infrastructure to do one thing: help businesses accept payment across borders. And it pays off; our technology and services power international growth for companies like Citi, Mollie, PayPal, and Worldpay.
Speaking of growth, we just raised over $180 million in new investment to take PPRO to the next level. If you want to work at a company where every idea is heard, and there’s always a way to make an impact, let’s talk. If you like to work the way we do – by building trust and driving change – we want to hear from you.
Our offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo are home to a diverse team representing 40+ nationalities. And while there are over 320 of us, we’re all united by one mission: to deliver in the next era of local payments infrastructure and power growth for businesses all over the world.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.