TechOps Site Reliability Engineer - SRE (f/m/x)
Operations – Technical Operations /
Permanent - full time
Are you a software engineer with a good administration background or a highly skilled system administrator with knowledge of coding and automation? And do have experience, and enjoy, working with cutting edge technologies in the cloud? Then PPRO can offer you a job position in a thriving environment where there is no such thing as a typical day.
The PPRO TechOps team is expanding and we’re looking for a Service Reliability Engineer in Munich who is willing to embrace change, while always pushing to raise the bar. As site reliability engineer you will be responsible for a lot of department bridging tasks related to: deployment, monitoring/logging, incident handling, root cause investigation, automation.
Additionally, as a company, we aim at providing our clients and partners with the best services, but as a team, we strive to empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions. If you’re up for a new challenge every day, in a supportive, collaborative environment, we’d like to hear from you!
What you will be doing
- Manage, coordinate and communicate critical changes between several departments (e.g. Engineering, DevOps, Product)
- Support on defining Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and helping make them measurable (e.g. via Tools, Metrics, Scripts)
- Measure everything: standardize logging, admin our logging tools, assis dev to create meaningful metrics
- Technically support our incident management processes and drive our blameless post mortem process by investigating root cause analysis for high severity incidents
- Active incident management with colleagues from other tech departments
- Facilitate continuous deployments by reducing the cost of failure (Automated, deployment calendar(s), changelogs, metrics and metric annotations, integrate testing from QA in CI/CD pipeline)
- Support and drive automation of manual tasks
- Update and maintain documentation for all configurations for the production environment
- Develop and deliver timely reports on all agreed upon infrastructure metrics including but not limited to availability, capacity, performance, and latency across all production systems deployed on-premise or on public cloud
- Participate in the TechOps 24/7 on-call rotation, react on alerts and manage incidents
You’ll need to have
- At least 3 years of experience as and SRE, Technical Operations Specialist or similar
- Linux system admin experience (CLI, mysql, bash, cron,...)
- Experience with operating cloud technology (AWS, k8s, argocd, ci/cd, S3, docker)
- Experience with operating logging & monitoring tools like Prometheus, ElasticSearch (ELK), DataDogAble to automate tasks related to the above 3 points using script languages like (Python, Node, Typescript, Bash, Powershell, PHP, AWScli, Lambda)
- Security & Logging focused programming attitude
- Able to document your projects and setup supporting processes
- Excellent English skills in written and spoken
Nice to haves
- Incident management experience or education (ITIL or similar)
- Experience with programmatic data-processing/analysis
- Understanding of programmatic algorithms
- Interest and understanding of data science and analysis methodology
- Strong interest in computer science topics, like development, infrastructure, sysadmin
- German or any second language
- Experience in the payment branch
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API.
Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world. While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.