CrossCard – CrossCard
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and innovative tech company? Interested in working in a fast paced environment with people from all around the world?
Crosscard is not just another FinTech startup. We are an e-money institution with a license by the Luxembourg banking authority CSSF and member of Mastercard with offices in Luxembourg and Munich. With our consumer brand VIABUY, we help people manage their everyday payments without the need for a bank - and no matter if good, or bad, or no credit history at all. Our current B2B customers are in quite good company, too. All this we created under the hat of PPRO, the go-to hub for local payment methods funded by HPE, Paypal and Citi.
Building upon the running business and years of experience, we are now becoming independent to follow our new mission – to simplify and automate corporate spending and build no less than the future of company expenses and cash management. Capturing the momentum, we strive to become even more customer-centric, an environmentally friendly company and a must go-to-employer. Our international team is growing rapidly, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience for our customers.
What will be your main mission?
As a Risk Analyst you will be responsible for handling tasks and inquiries related to operational risk in the issuing of e-money and virtual or physical cards and enforcing policies and processes put forward by the senior management to protect the business from financial loss and reputational damage. This includes investigating cases and alerts of suspicious activity, helping resolve inquiries, communicating with internal stakeholders such as customer support, technical operations, compliance and legal teams, banking partners, other external partners and vendors.
- Assess, monitor and mitigate risks within the organisation on a timely and proactive basis and ensure appropriate communication of risks to senior management. This includes but is not limited to transaction monitoring, chargeback monitoring, preparing reports based on set KPIs and others;
- Analyse fraud vectors, money laundering and terrorist financing risks and enforce controls to decrease the company’s risk exposure;
- Proactively monitor existing, new or emerging criminal activity trends as they relate to our business and recommend and apply strategies to protect the organisation from these criminal initiatives;
- Monitor consumer behaviour and take measures to protect consumers from account breaches, unauthorised transactions and other occurrences detrimental to the consumer safety and experience;Assist customer support team with resolving fraud related inquiries;
- Put forward suggestions to help implement additional risk monitoring and risk mitigation measures and systems;
- Executing operational tasks related to fraud and risk management;
- Be involved in other day to day operations
- Advanced knowledge in the field of payment risk and ideally around emoney issuing;
- Preferably at least 2 years of substantial experience risk management, mainly payments risk;
- Ability to conduct in-depth investigations into business transactions and identify trends and patterns of activity or deviations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English and ideally a second language);
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team member;
- Sound MS Office skills;
- Adaptable to an ever-changing business environment and flexible in responding to deadlines on assignments and workflow fluctuation;
- Ideally customer-oriented (understand the “needs”) and have a good understanding of online payment, the related risks, processes and risk documentation;
- A motivated and engaged personality, reliable and a team player;
- Self-motivated, organised and results-oriented;
- Professional education (University / MSc degree/ Bachelor degree) in Finance, Risk or Economics.
What we offer
Challenging and diverse working environment with scope to introduce your own ideas and experience.
An excellent working atmosphere in a highly-motivated and successful team with an international start-up culture.
An attractive salary as well as long-term prospects in a successful company with strong growth potential