Strategic Growth Manager (Sales)
Sales – New Business Development /
Permanent - full time
Our international success means that we are winning new customers (Payment Service Providers (PSPs), Gateways and Acquiring Banks) more rapidly than ever before. In order to turn these contract wins into quick and lasting revenue, we require a Strategic Growth Manager to consult with new clients in order to educate, train and support our customers internal and sales teams to help drive early adoption of PPRO LPM’s (Local Payment Methods) and services thus ultimately generating revenue from their merchants.
What will be your main mission?
You are commercially motivated and experienced in the Sales arena. You are comfortable with presenting to and educating both small and large sales teams and creating materials to support their knowledge and skill to promote the need to adopt and use global, online, alternative payment methods. You have a desire to close the sale and a passion for first class customer service and engagement. You are a team player, allowing you to work across departments including Sales, Marketing, Boarding and Operations. You will be based in London or one of our European offices but will be often travelling, sometimes overseas, to accomplish PPRO's mission.
Who will you be working with?
- You will be part of the Acquiring Sales team and will work closely with the New Business Sales Managers and ensure that revenue from new customer wins is realised quickly
- Whilst you will be based in our London Head Office, you will support sales managers primarily in the EMEA region as well as other locations around the world (Atlanta, Singapore, Cologne, LatAm), along with the Account Management team where required
- You will work in collaboration with the Marketing team and in particular the Partner Marketing Manager to create and deliver customer training and materials
What will be your main responsibility?
- The term ‘Strategic Growth’ in this role is defined as ‘deriving revenue faster from our new business customer wins’
- To support, drive and accelerate the onboarding of merchants from our Acquiring Customers
- You will also oversee the activation and initial scale-up and training of the Customer’s sales and marketing teams to ensure they gain knowledge, experience and confidence in selling LPMs to their customers (the merchants)
- As a key client-facing member of the team you will also play a key role in the internal collaboration with key PPRO departments such as Operations, Product, Risk and Onboarding and Marketing. When the sales team are unavailable and away from the office, you will act as an extension of the sales team.
Other key functions will include:
- Managing all Customer training initiatives. Including the creation and management of a PPRO training program for its Customer’s sales and marketing teams
- PSP and Acquiring Bank contract facilitation and the drafting of pricing amendments. In particular, working with the Risk and Boarding teams in Cologne to approve contracts and manage inbound and outbound contracts for New Business
- Through working closely with the Marketing team, create presentation material for use by Customer sales teams and ensure collateral is current and maintained
- Working closely with the Partner Marketing Manager to ensure consistency in product marketing materials used by the sales team and Customer sales teams are accurate and up to date.
You'll need to have:
- 8+ years of successful sales or account management experience with a strong network in the payments industry (preferably in the LPM space), building and developing relationships with existing Partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience in engaging and influencing senior executives; fluency in other languages is an advantage
- Naturally persistent and tenacious, always following up and seeing tasks through to timely completion
- A team player - Must be able to collaborate, contribute and lead in a high calibre sales team and across the PPRO business, coordinating the appropriate resources to meet varying Partner requirements
- Understanding of cultural differences in doing business with international colleagues and Partners
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.