Sao Paulo /
Software Engineering – Core Team /
Permanent - full time
You will be responsible for full software development life-cycle activities using Kotlin for PPRO’s core platform systems. We work in a DevOps environment with CI/CD pipelines and use modern tools like Docker, Kubernetes and AWS for both our development and production environments.
PPRO is the lead provider for Local Payment Methods (LPMs). With our technology and expertise, online merchants overcome barriers to sell goods and services, worldwide. We are mature in age, founded in 2006, but a startup at heart!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Develop scalable low-latency backend services using Kotlin and Kafka
- Test and improve performance, scalability and reliability of our services
- Take ownership of all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, monitoring and support)
- Apply Clean Code techniques and mentor your teammates through in-depth code reviews
- Collaborate effectively within our cross-functional teams
- Recognise and propose solutions for scaling weaknesses, performance bottlenecks and security risks
- Apply and utilize state-of-the-art CI/CD techniques
- Java, Kubernetes, AWS and Kafka
- Strong knowledge of either Java, Kotlin, or Kafka
- Familiarity with working in a UNIX-based environment
- Experience developing and running web services in the cloud (preferably using Docker and Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication skills (English) and open to giving and receiving feedback
- Sense of ownership and proven track record of seeing projects through
What we offer you
- An international and diverse environment where you matter
- An amazing, agile, cross-functional team to work with
- Active participation and sponsoring of conferences and meet-ups
- Italian coffee and fresh fruits
- Gym membership
- PPRO Social (company events, lunch'n'learn)
- 30 days holiday per year
- Flexible work hours
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
Most of the world’s e-commerce purchases are made with a local payment method, not a big-brand credit card. Yet most of the payments industry is card-centric; not many companies can accept the 500 different ways the world pays. That’s where PPRO comes in.
PPRO focuses on local payments, all day, every day. While many Buzzword-as-a-Service companies try to be all things to all people, we painstakingly engineer our infrastructure to do one thing: help businesses accept payment across borders. And it pays off; our technology and services power international growth for companies like Citi, Mollie, PayPal, and Worldpay.
Speaking of growth, we just raised over $180 million in new investment to take PPRO to the next level. If you want to work at a company where every idea is heard, and there’s always a way to make an impact, let’s talk. If you like to work the way we do – by building trust and driving change – we want to hear from you.
Our offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo are home to a diverse team representing 40+ nationalities. And while there are over 320 of us, we’re all united by one mission: to deliver in the next era of local payments infrastructure and power growth for businesses all over the world.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.