Senior Data Engineer (f/m/x)
Infrastructure – Platform Infrastructure Runtime /
Permanent - full time
You see Data as the bloodstream of modern technology and a nutrient substance behind business decisions revolutionizing our world. With your experience in automating the Cloud infrastructure for event streams, data pipelines and storage, it is always easy for you to make necessary changes to the configuration and ensure reliable application and user access to the data. Your desk will be located in Munich, but your impact will be global.
- Administration, maintenance, and fine-tuning of Kafka clusters in high-availability mode.
- Design and implementation of a data lake and data ingestion pipelines from various sources (SQL DBs, Kafka, Cassandra, logs, metrics, etc.)
- Taking part in architecting our event-driven platform.
- Guiding software engineers on best practices of using Kafka from the Data engineering perspective.
- Enabling BI developers to consume consolidated and prepared data.
- Help with building a team of Data experts.
- Expert level of running Kafka clusters.
- Strong experience with designing and running infrastructure in AWS.
- Practical experience with Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Hands-on programming experience with either Python, Java, or Scala.
- Strong SQL abilities.
- Administration of both SQL (MySQL/MariaDB) and no-SQL (Cassandra) databases.
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools.
- Demonstrable ability to clearly communicate and productively collaborate with others.
- Working experience with agile implementation methodologies.
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.