Senior Software Engineer Java / Kotlin / Kafka (f/m/x)
Software Engineering – Core Team /
Permanent - full time
You will be responsible for full software development life-cycle activities using Kotlin for PPRO’s core platform systems. We work in a DevOps environment with CI/CD pipelines and use modern tools like Docker, Kubernetes and AWS for both our development and production environments.
PPRO is the lead provider for Local Payment Methods (LPMs). With our technology and expertise, online merchants overcome barriers to sell goods and services, worldwide. We are mature in age, founded in 2006, but a startup at heart!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Develop scalable low-latency backend services using Kotlin and Kafka
- Test and improve performance, scalability and reliability of our services
- Take ownership of all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, monitoring and support)
- Apply Clean Code techniques and mentor your teammates through in-depth code reviews
- Collaborate effectively within our cross-functional teams
- Recognise and propose solutions for scaling weaknesses, performance bottlenecks and security risks
- Apply and utilize state-of-the-art CI/CD techniques
- Kotlin, Kafka, Protobuf, gRPC, Kubernetes, AWS, GitLab
- Strong knowledge of either Java, Kotlin, or Kafka
- Familiarity with working in a UNIX-based environment
- Experience developing and running web services in the cloud (preferably using Docker and Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication skills (English) and open to giving and receiving feedback
- Sense of ownership and proven track record of seeing projects through
What we offer you:
- An international and diverse environment where you matter
- An amazing, agile, cross-functional team to work with
- Active participation and sponsoring of conferences and meet-ups
- Italian coffee and fresh fruits
- Gym membership
- PPRO Social (company events, lunch'n'learn)
- 30 days holiday per year
- Flexible work hours
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and their merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API. Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world.
While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.