Technical Operations & Integrations Specialist
Operations – Technical Operations
PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for new team members to join our exciting business. At PPRO, we empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions, while always raising the bar. Therefore, a successful team members will also be one who thrives in this work environment.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d like to hear from you!
The role is split into two parts: first, as part of our existing TechOps team you will be liaising with your colleagues in the UK and Germany. Using your analytical and customer-oriented skills, you will give our customers prompt and competent service, remedy technical problems in collaboration with our development department and provide our customers with rapid, service-oriented feedback.
You will be our back-office support for our finance systems and our customer facing support for integration of new customers and payment methods.
Secondly, you will be the technical front line of the organisation to educate customers on our product’s integration path. This involves consulting/educating customers on tightly-related technical and business topics during the sales cycle including managing a customer’s integration needs through go-live. Customers will quickly learn to trust your combined technical and business aptitude as an extension of their own organisation.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Support customers during their integration against our API (payment gateway)
- Help sales by answering and clarifying technical related questions of possible new customers around our technical landscape
- QA monitoring of payment systems and schemes
- Emergency service for technical service disruptions
- Complete your tasks and responsibilities inside the internal and external SLAs
- Technical support (3rd Level) of our products and internal system
Who you are:
- You are a well-organized, diligent, self-starter with the ability to immerse yourself quickly in new tasks and work under pressure. Troubleshooting and taking an analytical approach to is second nature
- Any disorganization in your work environment is for you an opportunity to create processes and structure to optimize workflows both for yourself and the organization as a whole. Being a self-starter is one of your strongest characteristics, which will result in your end-to-end caretaking of the task at hand with a strong vision to continually optimize tasks. Taking initiative and acting independently are a part of your day to day business
- Working with small code samples, HTTP POST, scripting and other web technologies are second nature to your daily business. Combining technical aptitude with a knack for customer relationships is key to accelerating customer onboarding and problem solving within our product offering
- You enjoy working in interdisciplinary and international team which has office locations on different continents. You embrace the opportunity to learn to work with people with different work ethics, religions or ideas from all over the world. Candidates must be flexible to travel to clients’ sites for workshops and/or conferences around the USA and potentially abroad.
Other qualifications you have:
- Bachelor’s or MBA in information technology or computer/information science OR min 3-5 years of proven related experience in the FinTech industry
- Strong understanding of performance metrics/KPIs, process improvement and optimization
- Ability to create strategic plans and forecast workloads / plan for the unknown
- Ability to manage the lifecycle of a project and hand it over efficiently to other parties
- Strong hands on and theoretical technical aptitude with the ability to explain technology or abstract ideas to both technical and non-technical listeners
- Communication skills that are presentation-ready for all levels of an organization and with multiple types of players (clients, suppliers, internal etc.)
- People management experience is a plus
- Ability to develop simple web-based mockups against an API
- Strong technical know-how (basic development skills, understanding of standard internet protocols etc.); have a knowledge of working with at least HTML and one other web-based language; scripting knowledge (python) is a plus
- Additional language skills are also a plus (Spanish/German/French etc.)
- (Online) Payment/banking industry/eCommerce professional experience is a plus
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.