Strategic Growth Manager
Sales – New Business Development /
Permanent - full time
PPRO’s ongoing international success means that we are winning new customers (Payment Service Providers (PSPs), Gateways and Acquiring Banks) faster than ever before. In order to turn these contract wins into strategic and lasting partnerships, we require a Strategic Growth Manager to be based out of our fast growing APAC headquarters in Singapore. The term ‘Strategic Growth’ in this role is defined as ‘deriving revenue faster from our new business customer wins’.This position will consult with new clients in order to educate, train and support our customers internal and sales teams to help drive early adoption of PPRO LPM’s (Local Payment Methods) and services thus ultimately generating revenue from their merchants.
What will be your main mission?
You will draw on and marshal resources from across the PPRO business to successfully deliver on revenue and strategy goals across a portfolio of APAC based customers as well as supporting the APAC teams of our global customers. You will deeply embed yourself and the PPRO business into the fabric of these Partners creating, strengthening, and growing awareness to ensure the success of the mutual partnership. You will not only drive results through traditional and existing products and services but will have the vision and local understanding of the needs of the APAC regional payments market to see ways of adding incremental value added services to the PPRO business and to the partnerships.
In order to accomplish this you will be commercially motivated and experienced in the Sales arena. You will be comfortable with presenting to and educating both small and large sales teams, influencing senior customer stakeholders and creating localised materials to support their knowledge and skill to encourage the promotion of the adoption and use of global, online and in-store, locally preferred or alternative payment methods. You will have a desire to close the sale and a passion for first class customer service and engagement. You will be a team player, allowing you to work across departments to achieve your goals. You will be based in Singapore but to accomplish PPRO's mission across APAC there will be some travel required.
Who will you be working with?
- You will be part of our Global Acquiring Sales team and will work closely with the New Business Sales Managers in APAC and Global Account Managers to ramp our newly signed PsP partners to maturity by driving towards the first live transaction and beyond.
- You will work in collaboration with the Marketing team and in particular the Partner Marketing Managers to create and deliver customer training and materials.
- As a Singapore based manager you will be working closely with our local Singapore based LPM focused Business Development, Product, Engineering, Development, Customer Service teams but will also interface with multiple departments located around the world.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- You will own a portfolio of and be the voice of our newly signed Partners in APAC.
- You will manage all Customer training initiatives. Including the ongoing improvement, localisation of and management of a PPRO training program for our customer’s Sales and Marketing teams
- Driving Results:
- To support, drive and accelerate the onboarding of merchants from our Acquiring Customers
- To identify and close revenue opportunities as well as ensure the partnership fully utilises all possible products and services
- Relationship Lead:
- You will develop connections with influencers and decision makers that will create opportunities over the short and long term, ensuring the trust is built and maintained.
- Develop customer plans for the efficient handover of accounts to the Account Management team once strategic objectives have been met.
- You will also oversee the activation and initial scale-up and training of the Customer’s sales and marketing teams to ensure they gain knowledge, experience and confidence in selling LPMs to their customers (the merchants)
- As a key client-facing member of the team you will also play a key role in the internal collaboration with key PPRO departments such as Operations, Product, Risk and Onboarding and Marketing.
- Fully utilise the CRM system to maximise your contribution to the business
- By understanding the needs of the customer and finding ways of adding value to their business, you will keep innovating by raising the bar and provide leadership to tailor PPROs solutions and services to your customer needs to create faster maturing of deals and better, stronger partnerships
How your success will be measured?
- Revenue targets
- Speed of newly signed partner PsPs activation
- Adherence to PPRO’s core values
What are the necessary skills required for this position?
- At least 8 years of successful sales experience with a strong understanding of the international payments industry (preferably in the LPM space), building and developing relationships with existing Partners.
- Perfect written and spoken English - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience in engaging and influencing senior executives in English; fluency in other regional languages (eg. Mandarin) is a distinct advantage
- Naturally persistent and tenacious, always following up and seeing tasks through to timely completion.
- A team player - Must be able to collaborate, contribute and lead in a high calibre sales team and across the PPRO business, coordinating the appropriate resources to meet varying Partner requirements.
- Understanding of cultural differences in doing business with international colleagues and Partners.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- The position is a Singapore office-based role and as such you must be eligible to live and work in Singapore. Local candidates are preferred.
- Business level Mandarin is highly preferred as some of our major customers are in the China region.
- This role will require some China, APAC and international travel.
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.