Tax Specialist (f/m/x)
Finance – Controlling /
Permanent - full time
PPRO is looking for a Tax Specialist to join our Global Finance team to manage the tax compliance affairs entities in EMEA, US and APAC. As Tax Specialist you are responsible for a variety of relevant tax topics mainly in the area of tax compliance, tax audit and transfer pricing. You will be part of our global Finance team, and you will be working with colleagues in Munich, Luxembourg and London as well as other stakeholders globally.
What will you be doing:
- Preparation and coordination of corporate income tax returns and trade tax returns, including tax balance sheets and e-balance for entities and branches in Germany and abroad with the support of tax advisors
- Review tax assessments issued by the tax authorities and initiate respective tax appeals if needed
- Lead and support of tax related projects with focus on process optimisation and digitisation
- Calculation of current and deferred taxes for financial statements according to IFRS and German GAAP
- Support with tax audits
- Business partnering supporting e.g. sales and legal department by review tax clauses in contracts
- Advise departments and subsidiaries in tax related matters (VAT, sales tax, corporate tax aso.)
- Supporting the group wide transfer pricing documentation
You'll need to have:
- University degree or similar qualification with a focus on accounting and taxation
- At least 5 years of professional experience in an international group or tax consulting company
- Strong VAT and corporate income tax knowledge
- Experiences with processes and guidelines and required documentation
- Profound know-how and experience in accounting standards
- Basic knowledge in IAS 12 and tax reconciliations
- Knowledge in the area of DTT’s, especially with regards to permanent establishments and withholding taxes is an advantage
- Experience with NAVISION
- Enjoy working professionally within an international environment and various teams and external advisors
- German speaker with excellent written and oral communication skills (English and German)
What we are offering:
- To work for a unicorn!
- A fast-growing international organisation
- 30 days of holiday
- Flexible work policy
- Work with 46 different nationalities spread across 10 different countries
- A place where your ideas are heard and your input can be huge
- Healthy snack and coffee for when we go back to the office
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
Most of the world’s e-commerce purchases are made with a local payment method, not a big-brand credit card. Yet most of the payments industry is card-centric; not many companies can accept the 500 different ways the world pays. That’s where PPRO comes in.
PPRO focuses on local payments, all day, every day. While many Buzzword-as-a-Service companies try to be all things to all people, we painstakingly engineer our infrastructure to do one thing: help businesses accept payment across borders. And it pays off; our technology and services power international growth for companies like Citi, Mollie, PayPal, and Worldpay.
Speaking of growth, we just raised over $180 million in new investment to take PPRO to the next level. If you want to work at a company where every idea is heard, and there’s always a way to make an impact, let’s talk. If you like to work the way we do – by building trust and driving change – we want to hear from you.
Our offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo are home to a diverse team representing 40+ nationalities. And while there are over 320 of us, we’re all united by one mission: to deliver in the next era of local payments infrastructure and power growth for businesses all over the world.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.