Security Engineer (f/m/x)
Infrastructure – Information Security
PPRO is a fast-growing payments company at the forefront of cross-border ecommerce with teams around the world. As both a technology company and a Financial Institution, Information security is paramount. With 250 people from over 40 different countries, the culture at PPRO is highly international, dynamic and engaging.
PPRO is looking for a Security Engineer to join our Information Security team in our Munich office. This is a newly created team, so a lot of room to have an impact on the business, to grow and to develop.
What will you be doing:
As our Security Engineer, you will make sure that our security standards are practical, if possible automated and embedded in our daily work. Focus can be on Application, Cloud or Network or all three. You will perform ongoing security testing and code reviews to improve PPRO’s software security. You will provide subject matter expertise on information security architecture and systems engineering for AWS to other IT and business teams. Next to that, you will be responsible for the implementation of the security architecture and the thorough documentation of implementations.
- Implementing new ways to automate and improve security across the business
- Defining standards and ensuring they are implemented so that IT risk is and remains under control
- Performing security assessments to identify, quantify and help mitigate security flaws early in all phases of the product development process
- Responsible for automating security controls, data and processes
- Testing and checking the system for weaknesses in software and hardware
- Investigating intrusion and carrying out forensic investigations.
You'll need to have:
- Experience in the information security field and experience performing security testing, e.g. code review and web application security testing
- An ability to automate and script your work, e.g. python, bash scripts
- Good understanding of data networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP, routing and switching especially in cloud environments with software-defined networks
- Experience and knowledge in Cloud Technology (best with AWS) with relevant hardening experience
- Knowledge about data interfaces in IAM and directory services (AD/LDAP)
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people we thrive in truly international environments.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.