Legal Counsel (f/m/x)
Legal – Legal /
Permanent - full time
We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel in Munich with in-house experience and expertise in commercial law and contractual negotiations. As part of the PPRO legal team, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders in particular the commercial and customer facing departments and you will report directly to the Head of Legal, located in Luxembourg.
You will be part of a legal team comprised of five in-house lawyers. You will support our growing payments business with a key focus on commercial matters arising worldwide. Your work will span across multiple legal domains from contract and corporate law matters to payments and regulation. You will be working closely together with multiple shareholders across the PPRO group. You will be able to understand complex functions and will have a willingness to learn about all areas of the business.
This is a varied role with day to day duties including:
- Reviewing a range of commercial agreements including supplier contracts, business customer contracts and software contracts
- Act as primary lead for inter-company arrangements, drafting outsourcing agreements, binding corporate rules and other inter-company commercial agreements
- Managing internal corporate governance for the PPRO group of companies
- Providing proactive advice to stakeholders with regards to new German and EU laws or regulations that may impact the business
- Improve existing legal processes at PPRO and ensure implementation of guidelines and policies relating to contract management
- Deal with customer, supplier and partnership contracts in close contact with stakeholders in the sales, customer delivery and supply chain teams
- Advise the business on specific German employment or corporate law matters or disputes
- Liaise with external German counsel to obtain (German language) advice on various matters and convey this back to the broader business in English language and a concise format
Who are you:
- German qualified lawyer, preferably with experience in the financial services or technology sector
- 3-5+ years experience as legal counsel (with a focus on commercial negotiations)
- Excellent working proficiency in English and German
- Current knowledge of contract, data protection and business laws
- Strong contractual drafting and analytical skills, combined with pragmatism and business sense
- Ability to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications
- Strong sense of ownership and drive to push complex legal matters forward
- You work effectively with cross-functional and remote teams in a collaborative manner, and are able to perform and deliver results under pressure
- You have an open, flexible and team-oriented personality, your self-motivation as well as your excellent communication skills enable you to contribute to the team success
What we offer:
- 30 days holiday per year
- Learn the latest ways in which companies are run and products are built
- Grow your expertise and career in one of the fastest-growing companies at the forefront of the fast-growing digital payments revolution— without all the stuff slowing you down in big companies
- Gain experience in one of the top 5 industries: Next to biotech, 3D printing, the Internet of Things and AI, FinTech is one of the hottest industries out there
- Be well rewarded for good performance, proactivity and creativity
- Carry out challenging and interesting tasks at the forefront of the online payments movement
- Learn how to get along with just about anybody worldwide. You will work with a highly motivated team comprising members of more than 60 nationalities.
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
Most of the world’s e-commerce purchases are made with a local payment method, not a big-brand credit card. Yet most of the payments industry is card-centric; not many companies can accept the 500 different ways the world pays. That’s where PPRO comes in.
PPRO focuses on local payments, all day, every day. While many Buzzword-as-a-Service companies try to be all things to all people, we painstakingly engineer our infrastructure to do one thing: help businesses accept payment across borders. And it pays off; our technology and services power international growth for companies like Citi, Mollie, PayPal, and Worldpay.
Speaking of growth, we just raised over $180 million in new investment to take PPRO to the next level. If you want to work at a company where every idea is heard, and there’s always a way to make an impact, let’s talk. If you like to work the way we do – by building trust and driving change – we want to hear from you.
Our offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo are home to a diverse team representing 60+ nationalities. And while there are over 390 of us, we’re all united by one mission: to usher in the next era of local payments infrastructure and power growth for businesses all over the world.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You must be eligible to live and work in the country of employment.