Operations – Technical Operations
PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for new team members to join our exciting business. At PPRO, we empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions, while always raising the bar. Therefore, a successful team members will also be one who thrives in this work environment.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d like to hear from you!
Do you thrive in an environment where there is no such thing as a typical day? Do you enjoy having to balance a few tasks at the same time, while having to think of creative ways to solve unforeseen situations?
The PPRO TechOps team is expanding and we’re looking for a Technical Operations level3 Support Admin in Munich who is willing to embrace change, while always pushing to raise the bar. This role is dynamic in nature and no two days are alike. In this role, you will be the "last resort" support opportunity for our partners. Meaning you will deal with the larger and more complicated support cases/incidents next to your regular tasks like for example application level system administration of our production systems.
Additionally, as a company, we aim at providing our clients and partners with the best services, but as a team, we strive to empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions. If you’re up for a new challenge every day, in a supportive, collaborative environment, we’d like to hear from you!
- Maintain technical relations with our Payment Scheme partners
- Deal with complex support cases, and/or issues that impact multiple partners simultaneously
- Own and continuously improve the application level system administration of our production systems
- Identify training opportunities for our support departments, build the required training materials, and design processes for the same
- Communicate & coordinate with external partners (payment schemes) in regards of our integration, accounts, API credentials, ip-address white/blacklisting, certificate renewals
- Using customer questions/reports to trace and identify improvements to our in-house build software (like bug tracing or UX improvements), and follow-up with Development until deployment
- Take part in the emergency on-call rotation, dealing with unforeseen technical problems in our production systems or our products
- Fluent English skills, which help you communicate with internal departments and suppliers, and enable you to transfer technical knowledge to non-technical people
- Broad technical knowledge ranging from sysadmin Linux to Windows, from creating Scripts/Software to pulling complex Database queries, from understanding how bare metal hardware works to an understanding of Docker swarms in the cloud (AWS)
- Experience with OTRS, FreshDesk, Jira and experience with documentation systems like Confluence, MarkUp, Wiki
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Thinking ahead, and providing future proof solutions to current problems
- Ability to concentrate complex processes / information into comprehensible language for documentation
- Experience with administrating software
- Ability to understand how software processes work underneath the UI
- Prometheus, Elasticsearch/Kibana, Kafka, AWS Aurora, MySQL, MariaDB, REST, JSONK8s, Docker, Linux, BSD, MacOS, RPI
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.