Technical Support Specialist
Operations – Technical Operations
PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for new team members to join our exciting business. At PPRO, we empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions, while always raising the bar. Therefore, a successful team members will also be one who thrives in this work environment.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d like to hear from you!
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for handling support queries for corporate clients using PPRO payment services, testing new integrated payment schemes developed by our engineers located in Sao Paulo, helping technical operations to interact with LATAM payment schemes (cultural-, language and timing-wise). This includes handling of day to day tickets, internal communication in PPRO with different departments involved in solving the queries of PPRO clients and understanding the PPRO systems and payment products to best help our clients solving their queries. This includes also being in close communication with our partners and suppliers to assist merchants of clients to get to use alternative payment methods. While reporting to the Head of Payment Services Support is assisting in developing and maintaining support processes that are consistent with PPRO policies.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- You Act as the first point of contact to receive, prioritize and record all incoming client support requests, taking ownership of user problems and progressing to resolution in a timely manner.
- You’ll help merchants and their consumers solving their questions in regards of LATAM transactions but also international transactions.
- You’ll help our business partners (Payment Services Providers) worldwide answering their support queries about settlement, transactions, payment scheme functionalities, etc
- Provide information systems technical support for routine customer issues.
- Escalate unresolved queries, where necessary, to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers).
- Communication with other departments for the purpose of solving client queries effectively.
- Support the Head of Payment Services Support to review payment services related support processes.
- Be involved in the day-to-day operations of the payment processing business to help keep the boarding, risk and account management team on top of the daily operations of the business.
- Help to add new clients to the PPRO system
- Complete your tasks and responsibilities inside the internal and external SLAs
- 1st Responder for Emergency service for service disruptions by standard procedures.
Which skills are required for this position?
- Demonstrable experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting customer queries quickly, and successfully
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Spanish is mandatory; Portuguese – is a plus)
- You describe yourself as self-learner/starter
- You bring patience and empathy with customers
- Experience to use OTRS, Zendesk, Freshdesk, JIRA or similar client ticketing tools
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work both independently and in teams
- Being familiar with internal processing monitoring mechanisms and tools such as Nagios, Munin, etc. is a plus
- An associate or Bachelor’s degree in a technical related field or industry equivalent experience is a plus
- Experience in payment’s industry - ideally in local alternative payment solutions is a plus
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.