Head of Events (f/m/x)
Marketing – Event Management /
Permanent - full time
We are looking for a Head of Events to bring a commercially and business focused approach to internal and external events. You will holistically evaluate current corporate event planning and execution, as well as platforms and channels and develop a comprehensive strategy with clear business goals and objectives. You will be responsible for international trade shows, virtual and real-life partner events as well as our internal team events.
For this role you will be a commercially driven, strategic event planning professional with a strong communications background. You will select the best shows and congresses to support our commercial goals and bring the company’s positioning and corporate messaging to life. You will develop and refine a compelling narrative and value proposition for our events and speaking opportunities and use them as channels for thought leadership and market development.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop bold and innovative event strategies and experiences that align with PPRO’s marketing and sales strategy. You will build strong follow up programs that cross promote marketing campaigns and help sales move leads through the funnel more quickly and will design, implement and deliver ROI.
What will you be doing:
Your primary responsibility is to develop strategic events planning and to lead, execute and analyse them. You will also be responsible for our internal team events. As part of the Marketing and Communications team you will lead a team of two Event Managers and will work cross functionally with regional marketing managers and Sales.
- Strategic, commercial approach to corporate event planning, concepts and execution including speaking engagements, partner events and webinars
- Bold approach to finding innovative and fresh ways to bring PPRO’s brand to life at both strategic and tactical levels
- Foster strong strategic partnerships with key events organisations to become more than just a sponsor
- Set commercial goals for events and foster feedback loop with cross-functional teams to continually measure event effectiveness – define and refine event metrics as part of overall marketing effectiveness
- Build strong follow up programs that cross promote marketing campaigns and help sales move leads to opportunities
- Plan and execute PPRO’s internal team events (virtual and real-life) from set up, organisation, management, content, speaker line up and speaker management
- Lead a team of two event managers within the Global Marketing & Communications Organisation
- Create, manage and reconcile budgets
- Manage change and risk to project scope
- Identify and manage dependencies
- Set up repeatable and scalable processes and project management
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience as a strategic events and communications professional in the B2B area, ideally in a financial or fintech company
- Strong experience with virtual events and events platforms
- Fully managed event programs from 10 – 1,000 attendees, both real-life and virtual
- Exceptional project management skills and experience, including managing multiple internal stakeholders, external creative agencies, events vendors, and international projects
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Analytical skills
- Problem analysing and solving
- Strategic thinker
- Experience working cross functionally in a matrix environment
- International experience, working across regions and with a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or technology preferred
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and their merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API. Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world.
While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.