TechOps Engineer (SRE)
Sao Paulo /
Operations – Technical Operations /
Permanent - full time
As a fast growing business, the complexity and coverage of our payments network is also fast growing. Therefore, we need a skilled professional to be part of the technical operations department to guarantee all connections are healthy and fully functional. This position will be responsible for monitoring, implementing and setting up business configuration, especially in what regards to a 24/7 global support.
What will you be doing:
- After comprehensive training on ppro’s products and technical integrations, you should be excited to play a pivotal role in supporting and maintaining the day-to-day internal and external operations.
- Closely monitoring our integrations with all the payment partners.
- Analyze and identify issues in technical systems forwarding them to the corresponding teams.
- Play an important role on the alerting strategy and thresholds definition.
- Constantly available to different departments to proactively follow up issues and awareness.
- Respond to problems and incidents, documenting, resolving and escalating as needed.
- Follow previous documented procedures and suggest new ones as needed.
You’ll need to have / Qualifications:
- Teamplayer and able to use collaboration tools & workflows
- Strong troubleshooting skills and structured process-oriented thinking
- Incident management experience is very welcome
- High attention to detail & able to challenge the "is-state" vs the "ideal state"
- Familiar with Jira & Confluence as well as generic ticketing tools
- Experience with Microsoft office tools (mainly Excel) or Google docs
- Previous experience with payment methods or payment flow related products is a plus
- Document your findings, setup processes and write instructions (ITIL)
- Proactive and oriented to improvements
- Able to express your thoughts and transfer knowledge to other people
- Excellent English skills in written and spoken
- Any software engineering or system administrator background would be of great help for you comfortable to write and modify scripts for automation of tasks to quickly understand everything as well as any previous experience in the payments industry.
- Comfortable to write and modify scripts for automation of tasks
- Previous experience with monitoring tools like Grafana, Kibana, Zabbix and ability to suggest better/new metrics to the engineering team.
- Basic knowledge of network security, sftp, http, aws, etc.
We’re PPRO (pronounced “p-pro”). We globalise payment platforms for businesses so they can offer more choices at the checkout and boost cross-border sales. By doing so, we can give consumers the financial freedom they deserve.
We are a diverse team of over 650 people and 65 plus nationalities spread across 11 global locations. Everyone here shares a passion for building – whether that’s forging close relationships with our customers or constructing a payments infrastructure to accelerate their growth.
Everyone can make a difference at PPRO and thriving means owning and seizing opportunities to maximize your impact, have a growth mindset, build trust and drive change. As we pursue our vision and execute the strategy, you have an opportunity to learn, develop and progress at PPRO and it’s up to you to own and shape that path.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You must be eligible to live and work in the country of employment.
What happens after you apply
We’ll review your application. If your skills and qualifications are a good fit for the role, one of our recruiters will be in touch to set up an initial call. PPRO is a regulated financial institution and as part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to verify your application data and personal background through a third-party service provider.
We are looking forward to meeting you!