Finance – Accounting
PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for new team members to join our exciting business. At PPRO, we empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions, while always raising the bar. Therefore, a successful team members will also be one who thrives in this work environment.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d like to hear from you!
PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our London Office. At PPRO, we empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions, while always raising the bar. Therefore, a successful Financial Accountant will also be one who thrives in this work environment. If you think you fit the bill, we’d like to hear from you!
What will be your main mission
As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for supervising, tracking and evaluating the day-to-day accounting activities and for establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analysing, verifying and reporting information. You will be part of the Accounting team, existing of three other passionate accounting professionals located in Munich, Luxembourg and London and together you ensure the quality of all reconciliations of the group and raise the bar for a smooth and timely month-end process.
What will you be doing
- Manage the daily account functions, including balance sheet accounts, debt collection management and inter-company reconciliations
- Prepare statutory accounts (go-to person for business bank accounts and travel expenses), ensuring that annual financial statements are compliant with appropriate accounting standards
- Preparate and reconcile the monthly VAT accounts and returns for the UK entity
- Understand and apply reverse charge transactions within the group
- Annual financial statements preparation for the UK entity
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
Who are you
- Qualified Accountant SA (SA), ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in an international group or an accounting or tax consulting company
- Good VAT and TAX knowledge
- Profound know-how and experience in IFRS and UK GAAP accounting standards
- Good communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large data sets
- Excel skills (advanced)
- Proficiency in English is essential
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.