Devops Manager (f/m/x)
Infrastructure – Dev Ops /
Permanent - full time
You will be leading a team of crackerjack devops engineers, who are building the next generation Infrastructure platform for PPRO products.
The ideal candidate will have strong devops skills along with the ability to build and manage high-performing teams. He or she should be skilled at public cloud, kubernetes, IAC and observability platforms, having worked hands on with these technologies.
He or she would work tirelessly to bridge the gap between engineering and infrastructure and bring them together.
What would you be doing:
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of devops engineers, building solutions and capabilities at scale using devops principles
- Partner with stakeholders to design and implement scalable, resilient and secure systems
- Provide thought leadership towards problem solving
- Drive the adoption of key engineering best practices to improve quality and reliability of PPRO systems
- Keep the team engaged, motivated and execute with velocity and quality
- Support engineering productivity projects in the areas of CI/CD and release engineering
- Champion & drive application and infrastructure security efforts
- Design and implement observability systems
- Drive triaging and troubleshooting of distributed services in production environment
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 10 years’ DevOps & Infrastructure experience
- Proficiency in scripting languages
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong grasp of CI/CD practices, pipelines and workflows
- Live by the principle of Infrastructure as Code
- Good understanding of configuration management
- Expertise in DevOps tools and automation framework
- Understanding of self-healing/immutable microservice based architectures and cloud platforms
- Experience with operating system internals and networking protocols
- Proficient in English (verbal and written communication skills)
- 2+ years of people management experience in agile software development environment
- Experience in Sysdig, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana etc. is desirable
- Understanding of CNCF frameworks and ecosystem
- Experience in designing large scale distributed systems is a big plus
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
Most of the world’s e-commerce purchases are made with a local payment method, not a big-brand credit card. Yet most of the payments industry is card-centric; not many companies can accept the 500 different ways the world pays. That’s where PPRO comes in.
PPRO focuses on local payments, all day, every day. While many Buzzword-as-a-Service companies try to be all things to all people, we painstakingly engineer our infrastructure to do one thing: help businesses accept payment across borders. And it pays off; our technology and services power international growth for companies like Citi, Mollie, PayPal, and Worldpay.
Speaking of growth, we just raised over $180 million in new investment to take PPRO to the next level. If you want to work at a company where every idea is heard, and there’s always a way to make an impact, let’s talk. If you like to work the way we do – by building trust and driving change – we want to hear from you.
Our offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo are home to a diverse team representing 40+ nationalities. And while there are over 320 of us, we’re all united by one mission: to deliver in the next era of local payments infrastructure and power growth for businesses all over the world.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.