Software Engineer Java / Kotlin / Kafka (f/m/x)
Software Engineering – Core Team /
Permanent - full time
You will be responsible for full software development life-cycle activities using Kotlin for PPRO’s core platform systems. We work in a DevOps environment with CI/CD pipelines and use modern tools like Docker, Kubernetes and AWS for both our development and production environments.
PPRO is the lead provider for Local Payment Methods (LPMs). With our technology and expertise, online merchants overcome barriers to sell goods and services, worldwide. We are mature in age, founded in 2006, but a startup at heart!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Develop scalable low-latency backend services using Kotlin and Kafka
- Test and improve performance, scalability and reliability of our services
- Take ownership of all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, monitoring and support)
- Apply Clean Code techniques and mentor your teammates through in-depth code reviews
- Collaborate effectively within our cross-functional teams
- Recognise and propose solutions for scaling weaknesses, performance bottlenecks and security risks
- Apply and utilize state-of-the-art CI/CD techniques
- Kotlin, Kafka, Protobuf, gRPC, Kubernetes, AWS, GitLab
- Strong knowledge of either Java, Kotlin, or Kafka
- Familiarity with working in a UNIX-based environment
- Experience developing and running web services in the cloud (preferably using Docker and Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication skills (English) and open to giving and receiving feedback
- Sense of ownership and proven track record of seeing projects through
What we offer you:
- An international and diverse environment where you matter
- An amazing, agile, cross-functional team to work with
- Active participation and sponsoring of conferences and meet-ups
- Italian coffee and fresh fruits
- Gym membership
- PPRO Social (company events, lunch'n'learn)
- 30 days holiday per year
- Flexible work hours
What’s in it for you:
Personal and professional development
State of the art working conditions and equipment
Health and Wellbeing programs, including gym allowance and mental wellbeing support
What’s more, you’ll be joining a truly international company where every idea is heard. Where you can drive change and make a real impact in your team and in the world of payments.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You must be eligible to live and work in the country of employment.