Software Engineer Java / Kotlin / Kafka (f/m/x)
Software Engineering – Core Team /
Full time or Part time
At PPRO, Senior Software Engineers (m/w/x) make some of the most significant decisions for the company. Think of yourself as an important contributor to the success of your team, with a significant impact on the team’s product, but also on its culture and spirit.
As part of a cross-functional team you will solve complex technical problems, participate in decisions on architecture and technical direction, support and mentor other engineers and work alongside them in the code. We are currently expanding several of our teams, including: teams working on real-time accounting, fraud prevention, banking connectivity, digital payments and more..
What you'll do:
- Own products and services end-to-end, from requirements till deployment in our production systems
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile and cross functional teams
- Be an integral part of a team, in addition to its culture and ways of working
- Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programmingUse the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
- Be part of a team that will take full operational responsibility for the services that you own, and potentially take part in an on-call rotation
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
What we look for in you:
- Results-orientation, collaborative, pragmatic, and with a continuous improvement mindset
- Multiple experiences working with one or more general-purpose programming languages including, but not limited to Java
- Experience designing and building scalable products and services
- Experience with the cloud (preferably AWS, but Azure or GCP will also do)
- Great problem solving abilities
- Working proficiency in English
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with:
- Java and Kotlin (latest versions)
- Modern frameworks (Spring Boot, Micronaut)
- Cloud-native systems (AWS, Kubernetes,, Docker)
- Event-driven architectures (Kinesis)
What we offer:
- People-first, caring and high-trust culture
- Ownership & impact “Remote but reachable” working - you can choose to be based primarily from home, the office, or a combination of both, and should be able to travel to one of our offices if needed.
- We come together as a team at least once per quarter “in-person”
- 30 days holiday per year
- Be yourself in our international and diverse community
- MacBook Pro specced to the max and iPhone
- Gym membership
- Flexible work hours and the possibility to work part-timeItalian coffee and fresh fruits in the office
- PPRO Social (company events, lunch'n'learn)
We’re PPRO (pronounced “p-pro”). We’re on a mission to make digital payments more effective and accessible in every corner of the planet. After all, most people around the world don’t use international credit cards. In fact, 77% of consumers prefer to use local and alternative payment methods, such as Alipay in China and Boleto Bancário in Brazil.
By helping businesses to offer their consumers more payment choices at the checkout, we are helping to promote financial inclusion in every corner of the globe. We are also empowering local merchants to take part in the global e-commerce boom and compete with established global companies. That means they can hire more people, invest in more suppliers, and ultimately drive economic growth in their country and beyond.
We are a diverse team of over 650 people and 65+ nationalities spread across 11 global locations. Everyone here shares a passion for building – whether that’s forging close relationships with our customers, or constructing a payments infrastructure to accelerate their growth.
We want everyone to make a difference at PPRO. This means owning and seizing opportunities to maximize your impact; having a growth mindset; as well as building trust, and driving change. At PPRO there are countless opportunities to learn, develop and progress, and it’s up to you to own and shape your career path.
Every voice and perspective matter to us. We value diversity and never discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information.
We are looking forward to meeting you!