Staff Engineer Java/Kotlin (f/m/x)
Technology – Software Engineering: Local Payments /
Permanent - full time
We’re on a mission to make digital payments more accessible in every corner of the planet. Through our innovative payment solutions we empower businesses of all sizes to access new markets and connect with more customers. Ant Group, PayPal, and Stripe are just some of the companies that depend on PPRO to accelerate their growth.
We take pride in our diversity, which comprises over 65 nationalities spread across 11 global locations, and while there are over 550 of us, we’re all united by a shared a passion for building – whether that’s trusted relationships with our customers, or next generation products that make payments simpler, faster, and more secure for everyone.
We want everyone to make a difference at PPRO. This means seizing opportunities to maximise your impact; having a growth mindset; building trust, and driving change.
We’re just at the start of our journey to become the leading payments technology provider globally – and that’s where you come in
At PPRO, Staff Software Engineers (m/w/x) make some of the most significant decisions for the company. Think of yourself as an important contributor to the success of your team, with a significant impact on the team’s product, but also on its culture and spirit.
As part of a cross-functional team you will solve complex technical problems, participate in decisions on architecture and technical direction, support and mentor other engineers and work alongside them in the code. We are currently expanding several of our teams, including: teams working on real-time accounting, fraud prevention, banking connectivity, digital payments and more..
What you'll do:
- Own products and services end-to-end, from requirements till deployment in our production systems
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile and cross functional teams
- Be an integral part of a team, in addition to its culture and ways of working
- Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programmingUse the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
- Be part of a team that will take full operational responsibility for the services that you own, and potentially take part in an on-call rotation
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
What we look for in you:
- Results-orientation, collaborative, pragmatic, and with a continuous improvement mindset
- Multiple experiences working with one or more general-purpose programming languages including, but not limited to Java
- Experience designing and building scalable products and services
- Experience with the cloud (preferably AWS, but Azure or GCP will also do)
- Great problem solving abilities
- Working proficiency in English
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with:
- Java and Kotlin (latest versions)
- Modern frameworks (Spring Boot, Micronaut)
- Cloud-native systems (AWS, Kubernetes,, Docker)
- Event-driven architectures (Kinesis)
What's in it for you ?:
Hybrid working - We offer flexible working, so you can strike the right balance between office and home working. That’s on top of our 25 days holiday allowance.
Insurance - Because better safe than sorry - we want our employees to benefit from various insurances including a medical insurance (BUPA health care plan), a pension plan through Now Pensions and a travel insurance.
Free gym membership - We’ll cover the cost of your gym, so you can look after your physical fitness (and your wallet too)
Professional and personal development - We provide leadership cafes, on-the-job training, and access to LinkedIn learning to help you gain knowledge beyond your role.
Mental Health Platform - We’ve teamed up with a top well-being platform to provide one-on-one therapy, chat therapy, therapist-led courses, guided meditations, and more.
Our HQ office on Chancery Lane, is a short walk from Holborn, Farringdon and Covent Garden so if you’re a foodie there’s plenty nearby. The office is befitting a tech business and is set up for cross team collaboration. Critically there’s also a sun-terrace, and a well-stocked fridge.