Technical Operations Software Engineer (f/m/x)
Operations – Technical Operations /
The TechOps Software Engineer role is responsible for developing and maintaining PPRO's custom build software solutions for monitoring & alerting as well as our incident management.
These software solutions range from collecting & combining data out of several API's (for example: Prometheus / Elasticsearch / Kafka / OpsGenie) or databases, improving our inhouse incident management tool, automating tasks, building automated reports, designing and developing new monitoring & alerting solutions. This is a dynamic role that will allow you to work on a versatile set of software and give you the freedom and ownership to design new solutions to existing problems.
Additionally, as a company, we aim at providing our clients and partners with the best services, but as a team, we strive to empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions. If you’re up for a new challenge every day, in a supportive, collaborating environment, we’d like to hear from you!
- Software development experience
- Teamplayer and able to use collaboration tools & workflows
- Familiar with REST and able to build your own API
- Practical understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience developing and running services in the cloud (stateless)
- Security focused programming attitude
- Able to document your projects and setup supporting processes
- Excellent English skills in written and spoken
- Affinity or experience with bash, docker, swarm, k8s, elasticsearch, CI/CD, Shell/Unix
- Experience with programmatic data-processing/analysis
- Experience with automating existing manual processes
- Strong interest in computer science topics, like development, infrastructure, sysadmin
- German or any second language
- Experience in the payment branch
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API.
Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world. While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.