Quality Automation Engineer (f/m/x)
Operations – Payment Integrations and Quality Excellence /
Permanent - full time
Become part of the PPRO Technology to deliver high quality of high availability payment solutions. Providing test environments that can be scheduled on demand instantiating fully automated is the basis for our software engineers and DevOps experts to execute their tests. You are the partner of Quality Assurance, Software Engineering and DevOps enabling them to execute their automated tests. A streamlined test process defining test types and criticality levels allows to segment the test cases for efficient execution. Automatic update of tickets is the basis of our auditing responsibility. Automatically generated test reports are the trigger for automatic change propagation or denial of propagation and thus feedback to software engineering.
What will you be doing:
- Design and build scalable robust automated test frameworks and test suites working across technologies to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into current development process
- Thrive quality across teams by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks and influencing developers to move towards test driven development
- Building the test infrastructure with regards to the latest technology and driving different test automation projects
- Provide guidance and rules to determine which test cases can and should be automated and which not and analyze and define best practice test design
- Documentation and review of test results and user flows in close collaboration with developers, product managers, business analysts and third parties (alternative payment schemes and test providers) to improve automation and conversion rate
- Ensure quality excellence in all areas: software, test deliverables, test reports, and documented results
You’ll need to have:
- Proven work experience in software development (TypeScript/Node.js) and/or SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
- Experience with integrating/testing payment APIs and understanding payment flows
- Experience using test concepts, methods, automation, frameworks, and tools
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, continuous testing and Test-driven development methodologies
- Experience with automation frameworks like Cypress, Cucumber, Selenium and BDD
- Experience developing and running web services in the cloud (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Practical understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Strong analytical, detail-oriented, problem-solving, and root cause analysis
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API.
Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world. While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.