Tax Expert LATAM
Sao Paulo /
Finance – Controlling /
PPRO is growing rapidly and to support that growth we are looking for an experienced Tax Expert Latam, based in São Paulo, Brazil. In the role of a Tax Expert, you are responsible for supporting this growth and the internationalization of our business. You will be supporting finance department by playing a key role on Tax Compliance.
Together with the Tax Latam Lead, you will act as a business partner, support the launch of new businesses and building up expertise that will drive either local finance decisions and transactions intergroup. You will be working closely as well to our Accounting and Controlling team across the globe.
What will you be doing:
- Contribute to the monthly closing of financial records process working in conjunction with other finance teams as it relates to tax matters in the income statement and balance sheet.
- Ensure Tax Compliance is maintained and Tax Audit is successful thru proper controls.
- Third party providers management (Tax consultants, Legal advisors and other), ensuring performance objectives are met and the compliance of local regulatory requirements.
- Track and implement legislation tax-related in Latin America countries, providing expertise and support in all aspects of the tax field, and communicating to the rest of the team of tax law changes or developments.
- Support on the Intercompany agreements, transfer pricing and capitalization;
- Drive process improvements and coordinate with various teams to streamline recurring processes related to tax matters.
- Develop, implement and document standard procedures for tax compliance and reporting processes;
- Deferred tax management and effective tax rate monitoring, tax losses management
- Monthly and annual tax fillings for LATAM countries.
What does a typical day look like?
- Assist to build tax planning strategies from a local tax compliance perspective;
- Support stakeholders on tax related matters and respond to stakeholder queries on a timely basis;
- Monitor regulatory tax law developments, prepare and present tax reports to communicate impact and suggest process changes;
- Providing end-to-end tax calculation requirements for projects and business initiatives;
- Support multiple projects and deliverables to improve Business, planning, reporting, processes, compliance and controls
- Manage 3rd party providers to ensure preparation of monthly financial and Finance reports, operating KPIs and related data
- Review tax fillings for LATAM countries prepared by 3rd party providers.
- Guarantee all the taxes are collected and paid on time (turnover tax, income tax, withholding tax);
- Guarantee 100% of the monthly and annual reports prepared and remitted to the tax authorities on time;
What are the important skills (technical and soft) for this role?
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Business Administration or Economics)
- 6-10 years experience in accounting (IFRS) and Tax
- Managed multiple stakeholders, preference in a matrix organization
- Fluent in English, Spanish is a plus
- Previous working experience in a Tax regional role
- Detailed and process oriented
- Strong analytical capabilities, highest standard of accuracy and precision
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Verbal and written interdisciplinary communication skills
- Interpersonal skills (including professionalism and cooperative attitude)
- Ability to work with teams across departments and markets (different culture, currency, language and Law)
- Hands-on and with “construction” (building) mind-set
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and their merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API. Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world.
While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.