Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems (f/m/x)
Software Engineering – Core Team /
Permanent - full time
PPRO is the lead provider for Local Payment Methods (LPMs). With our technology and expertise, online merchants overcome barriers to sell goods and services, worldwide. We are mature in age, founded in 2006, but a startup at heart!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Design, develop, and maintain real-time distributed data systems in Financial Services.
- Characterize complex problems related to the scalability, reliability, performance, and security of production systems.
- Test the performance, scalability, and reliability of software systems at scale, including developing the services to support this testing.
- Provide technical leadership and foster collaboration.
- Maintain the high quality standards of the team.
- Kotlin, Kubernetes, AWS, gRPC, Kafka, Cassandra, Ignite
- Senior-level software development experience
- Strong Kotlin, Java or C++ programming skills
- Practical understanding of distributed data systems and real-time streaming architectures
- Experience developing and running services in the cloud
- Excellent communication skills (English) and open to giving and receiving feedback
What we offer you:
- An international and diverse environment where you matter
- An amazing team to work with
- Active participation and sponsoring of conferences and meet-ups
- Italian coffee and fresh fruits
- Gym membership
- PPRO Social (company events, lunch'n'learn)
- 30 days holiday per year
- Flexible work hours
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.