Deputy Compliance Officer (f/m/x)
Compliance & Risk – Compliance /
Permanent - full time
We’re PPRO (pronounced “p-pro”). We globalise payment platforms for businesses so they can offer more choice at the checkout. By doing so, we can give consumers the financial freedom they deserve.
We are a diverse team of over 450 people and 60 plus nationalities spread across 9 global locations. We like to build things and we have fun doing it.
You will work closely with the Luxembourg Compliance officer and Money laundering reporting officer and the employees of the PPRO group’s anti-financial crime and help PPRO to ensure compliance with relevant rules, regulations and codes of conduct. In this position you will also have direct responsibilities for deterring and reporting attempted money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crime, but also to ensure compliance with the group’s compliance procedures. The employee will notably expected to perform the following activities :
What you will be doing:
- Support the review of the adequacy of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) measures and suitability during the account opening process and ongoing due diligence process ;
- Working with the business to ensure that PPRO establishes and maintains appropriate policies, procedures, systems and controls ;
- Providing support to the line management in its liaison with regulators, auditors (internal and external) other group companies and external organisations, where appropriate ;
- Support the provision of financial crime education, awareness and training to PPRO business teams as required ;
- Develop and strengthen relationships to promote best practice and ensure a good understanding of financial crime requirements ;
- Contribute to the design of the policies and of the Compliance monitoring programme ;
- Support the execution of the Compliance monitoring programme by performing and documenting quality reviews ;
- Working as a member of the Anti-Financial Crime team to promote and embed a culture of compliance across PPRO business teams, particularly in relation to AML/CTF and sanctions ;
- Support the preparation of reports to the management bodies in relation to compliance assurance (including KPI/KRIs and trend indicators), external provider performance and/or any issues arising from specific monitoring activity ;
- Share compliance expertise with the team, providing support, guidance and training when needed.
You'll need to have:
- Good knowledge of Luxembourg regulations and obligations,
- Have excellent knowledge of e-money and payment institutions business models,
- Experience in a deputy Compliance officer or Senior Compliance role, ideally involving KYC review, suspicious activity reporting and compliance monitoring activities,
- Experience in payment industry field,
- Are a solid team player who aligns internally at each opportunity,
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Bachelor degree in law, business, finance.
What's in it for you:
- On top of a competitive salary, we also offer great benefits and perks, including:
- Hybrid working
- Gym membership allowance
- Personal and professional development
- Access to a mental health and well-being platform
We’re PPRO (pronounced “p-pro”). We’re on a mission to make digital payments more effective and accessible in every corner of the planet. After all, most people around the world don’t use international credit cards. In fact, 77% of consumers prefer to use local and alternative payment methods, such as Alipay in China and Boleto Bancário in Brazil.
By helping businesses to offer their consumers more payment choices at the checkout, we are helping to promote financial inclusion in every corner of the globe. We are also empowering local merchants to take part in the global e-commerce boom and compete with established global companies. That means they can hire more people, invest in more suppliers, and ultimately drive economic growth in their country and beyond.
We are a diverse team of over 650 people and 65+ nationalities spread across 11 global locations. Everyone here shares a passion for building – whether that’s forging close relationships with our customers, or constructing a payments infrastructure to accelerate their growth.
We want everyone to make a difference at PPRO. This means owning and seizing opportunities to maximize your impact; having a growth mindset; as well as building trust, and driving change. At PPRO there are countless opportunities to learn, develop and progress, and it’s up to you to own and shape your career path.
Every voice and perspective matter to us. We value diversity and never discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information.
We are looking forward to meeting you!