Global Head of Technical Operations - (f/m/x)
Operations – Technical Operations /
Permanent - full time
PPRO is in a fast growth phase and uses cutting edge technology and lightweight collaborative processes striving for high automation for our continuous improvement endeavour. Each service request on our payment infrastructure counts; thus it is paramount to focus on improving the reliability of our services continuously, qualitatively and quantitatively the current state of our environment. Improving progressively helps us to become ever more resilient.
PPRO is looking for the new Global Head of Operations to grow and lead the global Operations team of 15 professionals. You will be based in one of our German offices, but your impact will be global. Next to being an expert in the operations field, you are an outstanding leader with knowhow in delivering continuous change to highly available services. The role is reporting to the Director of Operations.
What will you be doing:
- Build/create and foster a culture of high service reliability & customer focus within PPRO; support ‘market’ this culture to PPRO’s customers
- Managing internal and external incidents and escalations for service affecting issues
- Own the incident management process and continuously improve it in collaboration with Reliability Management and technical teams involved
- Decision making and leadership on communication to internal stakeholders, customers, and suppliers of payment schemes
- Ensure that adequate risk assessments and contingency plans for complex changes are created to enable safe and successful change
- Own the post incident review process and manage the creation of root cause analysis documents after major incidents
- Ensure clear actions to avoid repeat incidents are created and actionedImprove monitoring & alerting landscape by working closely together with Tooling & Monitoring team
- Support improving incident and operations procedures to reduce MTTR (Mean Time To Recovery)
- Manage, grow and integrate recent acquisitions’ technical teams within the global organisation
- Directly manage Techops Team in EMEA and the team leads in the other regions
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of managing teams of up to 15 people
- Experience in IT operations processes like Incident, Problem, Change, Availability and Release management
- Wide operations experience with frameworks like ITIL, ISO, lean process management
- Experience in working in an international organisations with multicultural environment
- Knowledge in cloud environments, open source and software automation
- Understanding of resilient application architectures and infrastructures
- Experience guiding the creation of custom tooling where off the shelf solutions will not fit
- Hands-on but also visionary leadership mentality
- Excellent business English skills
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
Most of the world’s e-commerce purchases are made with a local payment method, not a big-brand credit card. Yet most of the payments industry is card-centric; not many companies can accept the 500 different ways the world pays. That’s where PPRO comes in.
PPRO focuses on local payments, all day, every day. While many Buzzword-as-a-Service companies try to be all things to all people, we painstakingly engineer our infrastructure to do one thing: help businesses accept payment across borders. And it pays off; our technology and services power international growth for companies like Citi, Mollie, PayPal, and Worldpay.
Speaking of growth, we just raised over $180 million in new investment to take PPRO to the next level. If you want to work at a company where every idea is heard, and there’s always a way to make an impact, let’s talk. If you like to work the way we do – by building trust and driving change – we want to hear from you.
Our offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo are home to a diverse team representing 40+ nationalities. And while there are over 320 of us, we’re all united by one mission: to deliver in the next era of local payments infrastructure and power growth for businesses all over the world.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.