Senior Software Engineer - Payment Integrations (Node.js/TypeScript) - (f/m/x)
Software Engineering – Core Team /
Permanent - full time
Engineers for Payment integrations are at the heart of our business. Your goal is to implement and maintain our core product offer around our Local Payment Methods (LPMs). You own the whole Software Development Lifecycle and delivery chain for individual LPMs and are involved in the initial specification, design, implementation, testing and rollout, as well as ongoing feature updates.
We are looking for people who have professional work experience as Software Engineer. You should be comfortable with modern web technologies, have a good eye for detail, be comfortable learning new technologies and systems, and understand the balance between striving for technical excellence and getting things done.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Develop and enhance payment system applications alongside other engineers by producing well-designed, testable code
- Contribute to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle - from requirements to delivery to customers including initial analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, as well as continuous improvement
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Enjoy mentoring and growing engineers around you
- Own and solve problems end-to-end and collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation (such as product managers, QAs, DevOps engineers and operations)
We would love to see:
- Experience working on backend services with Node.JS and TypeScript
- Familiarity with a UNIX-based environment
- Experience with HTTP, REST, NoSQL, Distributed Services
- Must have experience with AWS, Docker; Kubernetes is a plus
- Able to apply state of the art CI/CD techniques
- Embrace modern observability practices such as distributed tracing, structured logging and metrics
- Experience in a dynamic environment and agile methodologies
- Recognise and propose solutions for scaling weaknesses, performance bottlenecks or security risks
- Sense of ownership and individual motivation of seeing projects through
What we offer you:
- An international and diverse environment where you matter
- An amazing, agile, cross-functional team to work with
- Active participation and sponsoring of conferences and meet-ups
- Italian coffee and fresh fruits
- Gym membership
- PPRO Social (company events, lunch'n'learn)
- 30 days holiday per year
- Flexible work hours
What’s in it for you:
Personal and professional development
State of the art working conditions and equipment
Health and Wellbeing programs, including gym allowance and mental wellbeing support
What’s more, you’ll be joining a truly international company where every idea is heard. Where you can drive change and make a real impact in your team and in the world of payments.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You must be eligible to live and work in the country of employment.