Head of Risk and Due Diligence
Risk & Payment Services – Risk & Boarding /
Permanent - full time
As the Head of Risk and Boarding within PPRO you will be responsible for all operational risk related processes in the group which are associated with the processing of different payment schemes for clients of PPRO. You are leading, educating and motivating a team of dedicated CDD and Risk Managers to fulfil this target. Next to that, you are developing and maintaining operational risk procedures that are consistent with the risk appetite of the organisation. Risk mitigation for PPRO and it’s clients is the key function in this role.
Your mission is to operate and manage Risk for PPRO based on ERM and Compliance frameworks. You will be located in Cologne, but your impact will be global.
What will you be doing;
- Review all payment services related operational risks within the organisation on a timely and proactive basis and ensure appropriate documentation and communication of risks to management and between departments this includes but is not limited to transaction monitoring, chargeback monitoring, update meetings with internal teams on a regular basis
- Responsible that all given KYC/AML policies get followed by appropriate processes executed by the CDD team (including documentation review, website check and setting the associated MCC) and the RiskOps team (including Risk KPI monitoring and reporting)
- Working with acquirers/ LPM suppliers and involved in projects for connecting to new acquirers for identifying possible risks and ensuring proper risk mitigation
- Working with payment service provider clients globally to ensure analysis and coverage of inherent risks associated with technical processing and settlement of funds
- Working with banking partners facilitating the PPRO payments for ensuring these partners risk appetite is understood and met within PPRO
- Working on payment solution and/or risk mitigation projects with clients and providers
- Main point of contact for banks, clients,LPMs and local authorities for all payment services risk related issues
- First point of contact and responsible for handling fraud related enquiries in a timely manner together with your team
You'll need to have;
- A University degree in Legal, Finance, Risk, AML or Economics
- Advanced knowledge in the field of operational Risk management within payments or the banking sector
- Must have at least 5 years’ substantial experience in Financial Services
- Track record of leading and growing multi level teams (min 5 years); a “leader”
- Analytical skill and mindset
- A motivated and engaged personality, you enjoy working as part of a team
- Extremely reliable, required to be client-oriented (understand the “needs”)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English and ideally a second language)
- Adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines on assignments and workflow fluctuation Self-motivated, organised and results-oriented
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and their merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API. Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world.
While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement. We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers.
While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.