Data Protection Officer (DPO) - (f/m/x)
Legal – Legal /
Permanent - full time
As Data Protection Officer (DPO) at PPRO, you will act as the primary contact for data subjects and supervisory authorities including the ICO and offer independent objective advice to the PPRO’s senior leadership team. You will be responsible for the maintenance of a compliant data protection programme including leading projects to implement any necessary changes across the business to achieve compliance. You have specialist GDPR knowledge and will ensure that data protection is embedded into global operations through transparent data protection policies, systems and procedures, by helping develop data protection training and by monitoring internal compliance.
As PPRO's DPO you will also provide support to the Legal and Compliance teams and will be part of and co-ordinate the Data Protection support team at PPRO. In this role, you will address any gaps in GDPR or other relevant legislation compliance and establish risk-based gap remediation programmes as well as aim to mature Data Protection across the globe for the organisation.
What will you be doing:
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company
- Act as point of contact with data subjects, supervisory authorities and internal teams
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels
- Maintain records of processing operations
- Ensure we address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes (e.g. delete their information from our databases)
- Liaise with other organisations that process data on our behalf
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
- Lead on local data protection projects in international jurisdictions
- Registering yourself as PPRO DPO with local authorities as and when required
You’ll need to have:
- Certified EU GDPR Practitioner qualification or similar
- Expert knowledge of data protection legislation, in particular the GDPR, and a good understanding of other major privacy frameworks and legislation
- In-depth knowledge and experience of IT and data management systems and technologies (a knowledge of cybersecurity risks and information security standards is desirable)
- Experience in managing data incidents and breaches
- Ability to make sound judgements regarding data privacy risks and to prioritise resources and activity around managing those risks
- Strong change and project management skills including the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively and handle multiple deadlines
- Experience in developing policy and data protection training
We’d love to see:
That you possess professional interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact with people at all levels. This role will suit someone who can work unsupervised, exercise leadership and influence change. Other qualifications such as ISO27001 Lead Implementer or other IT Security certification such as CISSP, CISM would be desirable as would any other recognised privacy qualifications e.g. CIPP, ISEB, C-DPO.
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
Most of the world’s e-commerce purchases are made with a local payment method, not a big-brand credit card. Yet most of the payments industry is card-centric; not many companies can accept the 500 different ways the world pays. That’s where PPRO comes in.
PPRO focuses on local payments, all day, every day. While many Buzzword-as-a-Service companies try to be all things to all people, we painstakingly engineer our infrastructure to do one thing: help businesses accept payment across borders. And it pays off; our technology and services power international growth for companies like Citi, Mollie, PayPal, and Worldpay.
Speaking of growth, we just raised over $180 million in new investment to take PPRO to the next level. If you want to work at a company where every idea is heard, and there’s always a way to make an impact, let’s talk. If you like to work the way we do – by building trust and driving change – we want to hear from you.
Our offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo are home to a diverse team representing 40+ nationalities. And while there are over 320 of us, we’re all united by one mission: to deliver in the next era of local payments infrastructure and power growth for businesses all over the world.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.