Commercial Delivery Manager (f/m/x)
Product Management – Product Management /
Permanent - full time
In order to achieve a global scale of our business and address our customer needs, we need to continually extend and enhance our product capabilities. The Commercial Delivery Manager adds significant value by acting a key role in the delivery of strategic projects, supporting the prioritisation process, evaluating our market and ecosystem and packaging of our products.
The Commercial Delivery Manager’s organizational skills ensure all relevant stakeholders are involved in the process and informed of progress in an orderly manner.
What will you be doing:
You will be a key player in the whole process of payment services, from strategy to product launch.
You have E2E ownership of key strategic projects
- Define the right product scope, ensure the products support the increasing demand from our partners and scale with the growth of the company.
- Oversee the delivery and actively communicate progress and status. Align with internal and external stakeholders and ensure deadlines are met.
- Drive the success of your products in close collaboration with Product Marketing, Sales and Operations.
You increase the commercial impact of our products
- Capture market and customer requirements and compare our products within the payment ecosystem,
- Validate use and business cases and elaborate customer benefits
- Support prioritisation process based on business requirements and feasibility
You build customer oriented product packages
- Build a product packaging strategy for our full product portfolio
- Support the the pricing strategy and elaborate customer and market specific product pricing
You’ll need to have:
You have a payments background. You know the PSP business, have worked with payment methods and understand the concepts of acquiring.
- You understand the technical integration and flows of payments, you worked with specifications and APIs
- You understand the business aspects of payments. You understand business models, contractual setups, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- You understand fund flows, reporting and accounting requirements. You understand risk and AML related requirements.
You have a product background.
- You know how to evaluate, prioritize and manage products
- You are a strong communicator and listener; you are able to manage stakeholders
- You know how to deliver and launch software
You can work mission based approach.
- You can take full E2E ownership of your topics
- You can manage priorities and handle escalations
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.