Help Desk Analyst
NC RDU/Triangle: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill /
Information Technology /
Our doors are open, and we are still providing care. Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is committed to providing high quality, inclusive, and non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare to all genders, sexual orientations, races, religions, abilities, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds. We are a team of compassionate and dedicated staff members, and we will continue to open our doors to those who need it.
Are you worried about applying because you feel like you don’t meet every single requirement? At PPSAT we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace! If you’re excited about a position but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the candidate PPSAT is looking for!
The challenges we face, past and present, only strengthen PPSAT's commitment to our communities and employees. Our work has staying power. Come join us one of the nation's leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare.
Learn more: ppsatcareers.org
Why Planned Parenthood? We are powerful educators, advocates and innovators for health care. Planned Parenthood South Atlantic (PPSAT) believes that everyone (yes, everyone!) deserves the knowledge, care, and rights necessary to have bodily autonomy, no matter what. We're looking for passionate, dedicated people who are eager to make positive contributions to their community.
What's cool about this job?
The Help Desk Analyst assists the Information Technology (IT) department in the onsite and remote support of PPSAT technology users and systems. In coordination with the IT Director, the Help Desk Analyst monitors the Help Desk tracking system and assists users with questions and issues in a timely fashion while maintaining help desk ticket information and closing tickets upon completion of tasks.
Who You Are
- Fierce supporter of reproductive health & justice!
- Experienced in supporting systems & technology users with various issues (1-2 years)
- Knowledgeable of Windows 10, PC & Printer setup/troubleshooting
- Capable of installing various software programs & tools for end users
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal communicator
- Strong ability to translate technical language to non-technical colleagues
- Bonus! End user application support experience
- Bonus! IT certification(s) (A+, Net+, etc)
What You'll Do
- Monitor the Help Desk tracking system and assist users as needed with various IT issues
- Provides high quality customer service ensuring needs of colleagues are met
- Develop and maintain impactful relationships with colleagues through effective and timely communication
- Assist in the troubleshooting and setup of computers, laptops, printers, and various IT devices as directed by the IT Director and Sr. IT Director
- Inform IT Director and Sr. IT Director of all major outages and affiliate wide issues
- Assist with troubleshooting, setup, and administration of the Mitel Phone system as directed by the IT Director
- Assist with the administration of AD, OKTA, Office 365, NextGen, EPIC, and other systems utilized throughout PPSAT
- Assist users through both onsite visits and the use of remote support tools
- Update all tickets with steps for resolution and upload to the user knowledge base when appropriate
Full-Time 40 hours/week
Monday - Friday 8am-4pm
Hybrid Work Style;10% Travel throughout affiliate region annually
Strong preference for candidate to be based in the North Carolina RDU Triangle region
Benefits: All full-time (30+ hours) employees are benefits-eligible!
Including but not limited to:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Health Reimbursement Account
403B Retirement Plan with matched contributions
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
PPSAT's compensation philosophy is based on equity and transparency. Each job at PPSAT is assigned to a salary grade built on market data. For an individual coming into PPSAT, we set a pay generally between the minimum and the midpoint of the salary grade and based on candidate qualifications. For this position, the minimum is $47,500 and the midpoint is $57,000.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
This position requires a background check once a job offer is extended to the final candidate. PPSAT does not discriminate in employment and understands the many barriers candidates may face when applying to jobs. One of those barriers is the criminal justice system and its effects on background checks. We understand that these barriers more often negatively impact BIPOC. A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, the seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions.
Planned Parenthood of South Atlantic Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
At Planned Parenthood of South Atlantic (PPSAT), we embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion and strive to keep it at the core of who we are. We are committed to a diverse workforce that welcomes an array of perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion in teams, decision-making, policy, practice, and operations contributes to a sense of belonging that benefits our culture, our staff, our patients, and our community. At PPSAT, we are dedicated to learning, reducing and eliminating inequities, and developing best practices to dismantle systemic racism and the complex problems caused by it.
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.