Patient Access Rep. (Call Center): 1 opening: 40-hour/week (Spanish fluency *Required*)
Charlotte, NC /
Call Center /
PPSAT prioritizes protecting our candidates, staff and patients and we are still HIRING. We are strong, supportive, and always thinking about the safest ways we can contribute to the community by providing jobs when people need them the most. Please know that our clinics are OPEN and our staff are providing patients with excellent care due to the use of Telehealth. We are also adhering to all of the recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in order to provide Care No Matter What.
PPSAT is hiring a full-time, bilingual Patient Access Representative in Charlotte, North Carolina. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about creating access to health-care by providing fast, friendly, and accurate support to our patients in booking their appointments.
The ideal candidate for this role will receive inbound patient calls and schedule appointments, demonstrating knowledge of PPSAT services and fees, while providing professional and customer-oriented phone service to a diverse group of clients based upon defined productivity metrics. Bilingual in Spanish/English REQUIRED.
40 hours/week opportunity*
(bilingual Spanish/English required):
This is a full-time opportunity working the following schedule (subject to change):
Monday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
*For this position, the expectation is that the Patient Access Representative will rotating weekends every 4th Saturday from 7:30 am - 2:30 pm,
This position is eligible for a full employee benefits package!
- Quickly answer our high volume patient inquiries in a friendly and courteous manner; provide excellent customer service to each patient going above and beyond to meet their needs; develop and maintain impactful relationships with patients through effective and timely communication.
- Schedule appointments and enter patient information into NexGen.
- Stay current on changing clinic information such as appointment template, clinician schedule and individual provider services.
- Provide patients with information regarding PPSAT hours, services, directions, prices and referrals; answer questions related to PPSAT health care services, including reproductive health care for men and women, sexually transmitted infections, birth control methods, and surgical and medication abortion.
- Acknowledge repetitive nature of calls and maintain professional sensitivity in responding to each caller's concerns.
- Verify insurance coverage for all appointment types. For high ticket items, create a task for the insurance team to verify and obtain copays.
- Provide feedback to supervisor/management about trends that may impact services, programs, or marketing plans.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 (one) year of call center experience strongly REQUIRED, preferably in a health care or social services setting.
- One to two years customer service experience, preferably in a health care or social services setting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working with computers and entering data quickly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively with, and relate to, patients of diverse communities.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English REQUIRED.
- Starting hourly pay rate of $15.00
- Full benefits package available.
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.