Medical Assistant (1 part-time opening)
Charleston, SC /
Patient Services /
PPSAT prioritizes protecting our candidates, staff and patients and we are still HIRING. We are strong, supportive, and always thinking about the safest ways we can contribute to the community by providing jobs when people need them the most. Please know that our clinics are OPEN and our staff are providing patients with excellent care due to the use of Telehealth. We are also adhering to all of the recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in order to provide Care No Matter What.
PPSAT is thrilled to be offering a part-time Medical Assistant position to the Charleston,SC Clinic! We are looking for a candidate who is resilient, detail-oriented, and dedicated to providing excellent patient care.
PPSAT is hiring a Certified Medical Assistant or Health Care Assistant with excellent customer service and communication skills to work in our Charleston,SC health center. CMAs/HCA’s support the flow of clinic by providing excellent customer service to our patients from front desk check-in and check-out to preparing patients for their visit with our medical providers.
We are interested in non-certified and certified candidates that can provide great patient experience!
This is a part-time opportunity, working 25 hours/week.
- Assist medical and nursing staff in a variety of tasks including taking medical histories, recording vital signs and performing intake.
- Explain treatment procedures to patients and prepare patients for examinations and procedures.
- Assist Clinician during examinations and procedures. Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the Clinician.
- Update electronic medical records and complete required forms in our EHR system. Perform all other administrative duties as directed.
- Dispose of contaminated supplies. Sterilize medical instruments.
- Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in patient record.
- Prepare patients for ultrasounds, exams, tests and procedures. Perform ultrasounds, patient education, and lab services as requested.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician/clinician when allowed by state regulations. Authorize drug refills as directed and telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy.
- Answer telephones and greet patients. Schedule appointments as needed and arrange hospital admissions and laboratory services.
Additional Responsibilities if working in Primary Care setting
- Take electrocardiograms (EKGs). Remove sutures/staples. Change sterile and non-sterile dressings. Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the Clinician.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens and perform basic laboratory tests on premises.
- Draw blood.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Customer service experience, preferably in the medical field.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask, and demonstrate use of effective communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, input, retrieve and analyze data daily.
- Experience in primary care/family medicine (Preferred)
- Experience in women’s health/reproductive health (Preferred)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (Preferred)
Certified Medical Assistant Requirements
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Certification from American Medical Technologists.
- Starting salary for non-certified HCA - $15.00/hour
- CMA starting hourly rates commensurate with experience, minimum of $15.75/hour
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.