Recovery Room Nurse (RN)
Charlotte, NC /
Patient Services /
PPSAT prioritizes protecting our candidates, staff and patients and we are still HIRING. We are strong, supportive, and always thinking about the safest ways we can contribute to the community by providing jobs when people need them the most. Please know that our clinics are OPEN and our staff are providing patients with excellent care due to the use of Telehealth. We are also adhering to all of the recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in order to provide Care No Matter What.
PPSAT is seeking a Recovery Room Nurse with excellent customer service skills and reproductive health care experience in the Charlotte, NC health center location providing family planning and abortion services.
This is a part-time position working weekly on Fridays from 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- Provide nursing care to the patients in recovery room in accordance with all PPSAT policies and procedures, and all applicable state (Dept of Health, Pharmacy Board, Nursing Board, Medical Board) and federal (OSHA, CLIA, DEA) regulations.
- Assist and monitor patients in recovery room, including taking vital signs, dispensing medication, giving verbal and written aftercare instructions and birth control information, and reporting signs or symptoms of post abortion complications to the MD on duty.
- Provide excellent customer service, eliciting client needs, and educating clients on PPSAT services and community resources.
- Provides education in an non-judgmental manner to patients by providing support and information on reproductive and sexual health issues, including birth control methods and pregnancy options including abortion, STI’s/HIV and safer sex.
- Responsible for stocking recovery room with necessary supplies such as snacks, drinks, pads, medications, brochures, and PPSA CIIC/fact sheets.
- Assist with health center preparations and patient education as necessary and directed.
- Prepare and administer medications as prescribed by attending physician; maintain complete and accurate log of controlled substances administration.
- Assist physician and patient during abortion procedures that utilize IV sedation by establishing IV access, administering medications per physician orders, monitoring patient vital signs, and completing all required documentation per PPSAT protocol.
- Ensure patient charts and logs are completed and maintained in a timely, accurate and thorough manner, including staff signatures and initials where required.
- Assist with the completion and documentation of Quality Control tasks, audits, and other quality assurance/management procedures as assigned.
- Participate in monthly health center staff meetings and emergency drills.
- Assist Health Center Manager (HCM) in the development and implementation of new staff training. Participate in research activities, including recruitment and screening, as appropriate and as needed.
- Assist Clinician/MD with routine procedures and emergencies during clinical sessions.
- Participate in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Monitor emergency cart inventory and equipment log on a monthly basis for all routine and emergency expired medications and supplies per PPSAT protocol. Report any concerns to HCM or ND.
- Serve as member of PPSAT After Hours On-Call System for Abortion Services.
- Take responsibility to remain informed about family planning methods, abortion issues and technology, services offered by PPSAT, and PPSAT protocols, policies, and procedures. Give regular feedback to the HCM regarding training and continuing education needs.
- RN license in NC (LPN license not acceptable).
- Experience in GYN setting required.
- Must be able to prioritize.
- Good communication and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience in abortion services preferred.
- Experience in ER helpful.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Starting salary within range of $26.00 - $33.25 per hour, dependent upon experience
- Shift differential of additional $7/hour for any hours worked on Saturdays
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.