Bilingual Patient Access Representative
Charlotte, NC OR Roanoke, VA /
Contact Center /
Our doors are open, and we are still providing care. Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is committed to providing high quality, inclusive, and non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare to all genders, sexual orientations, races, religions, abilities, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds. We are a team of compassionate and dedicated staff members, and we will continue to open our doors to those who need it. The challenges we face, past and present, only strengthen PPSAT's commitment to our community. Our work has staying power. Come join us one of the nation's leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare.
Learn more: ppsatcareers.org
Why Planned Parenthood?
We are powerful advocates, supporters, and innovators for health care. We are seeking a passionate Bilingual Patient Access Representative to join our Contact Center team as they help our patients access the high-quality healthcare they deserve.
What is cool about this job?
The Patient Access Representative serves as the voice of Planned Parenthood South Atlantic (PPSAT) by providing accurate, friendly and efficient telephone customer service. They receive inbound patient calls and book appointments, demonstrating knowledge of PPSAT services and fees, while providing professional customer-service to a diverse group of clients based upon defined productivity metrics.
Who You Are
- Passionate about access to high-quality healthcare, especially in reproductive and sexual healthcare
- Empathetic communicator with great phone skills
- Experienced in customer service, bonus points for previous call/contact center experience!
- Technologically competent, with data entry skills
- Bilingual in Spanish (final candidates will be asked to take a bilingual assessment as part of the hiring decision)
What You'll Do
- Answer high-volume patient calls in a friendly and empathetic manner
- Scheduling appointments, entering patient information, and verifying insurance for patients
- Provide patients with accurate information (hours, services, prices, referrals, etc)
- Provide self-pay patients with timely Good Faith Estimates (GFE)
- Answering any patient questions regarding PPSAT services, including STI testing/treatment, abortions, Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), contraceptive options, etc.
- Interpreting & assisting Spanish-speaking patients so they are able to access healthcare
Full-Time Remote/Hybrid at either Charlotte, NC or Roanoke, VA Contact Center
35-39 hours per week
Monday: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
What You Get:
All full-time employees are eligible for full benefits!
Including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Fringe Benefits, 403B Retirement Account, generous PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistant Provider programming, etc
This position’s minimum pay rate is $17.00 an hour. Starting offers are determined by both the candidate’s experience and internal equity within the assigned pay grade.
Bilingual Skill - Those who pass the Bilingual Assessment are eligible for an additional $1.00 added to their base rate.
PPSAT’s compensation philosophy is based on equity and transparency. Built from data driven compensation studies, our positions are placed within a developed pay grade structure.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
This position requires a background check once a job offer is extended to the final candidate. PPSAT does not discriminate in employment and understands the many barriers candidates may face when applying to jobs. One of those barriers is the criminal justice system and its effects on background checks. We understand that these barriers more often negatively impact BIPOC, and as an organization, we are working to eliminate those barriers. A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, the seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions.
We are committed to workforce diversity and aspire to reflect the communities we serve. To that end, we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ identifying individuals, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups to apply.
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.