Health Center Manager
Durham, NC /
Patient Services /
PPSAT prioritizes protecting our candidates, staff and patients and we are still HIRING. We are strong, supportive, and always thinking about the safest ways we can contribute to the community by providing jobs when people need them the most. Please know that our clinics are OPEN and our staff are providing patients with excellent care due to the use of Telehealth. We are also adhering to all of the recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in order to provide Care No Matter What.
PPSAT is seeking a dynamic Health Center Manager in Durham, NC to manage our health center and to provide remote support to affiliate-wide programs and projects. This is a full-time position working approximately 40 hours/week.
In addition to management of the Durham Health Center, the Health Center Manager provides support for affiliate wide programs and projects, including: coordination of the ultrasound program, perform audits of inspection ready personnel files, perform quarterly audits of lab reports, weekly compliance review, and provide back stop coverage to Health Center Managers at other locations by taking on administrative functions.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, able to work independently with remote supervision, has strong leadership and administrative skills. The Health Center Manager for Family Planning provides day to day leadership to support the operations of health center services. They supervise unlicensed staff and serves as the administrative supervisor for Clinicians. They lead change initiatives to ensure PPSAT is compliant and able to compete in the changing healthcare environment. The Health Center Manager works with the Director to ensure that operations, medical compliance, and financial position are compliant with established processes and protocols of all health centers within the designated mission of the agency.
In This Together is Planned Parenthood's commitment to experience -- experience of our employees and the experience of everyone we work with. The more our employees are respected, cared for, and engaged in their work and our mission, the better the experience of everyone we touch.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position and qualified candidates must be able to work mornings, evenings and Saturdays (this means a week day off to attend errands and personal matters). Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement account, disability coverage, life insurance, 403(b) retirement savings with a strong organizational match, and generous paid time off.
- Manage all aspects of employment for health center staff and volunteers with assistance from Organizational Development (OD). Responsible for staffing center effectively by hiring, coaching, and training staff to provide all clinic services per their job descriptions.
- Monitor and evaluate staff and volunteers in their daily performance.
- Ensure a client-centered service model by creating an environment that promotes responsive service delivery
- Provide specific measurable goals for customer service standards and compliance with PPSAT medical, administrative and security protocols.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to support communications, deliver training, and ensure compliance with PPSAT policies, state and federal regulations such as HIPAA, OSHA and CLIA as well as administrative processes.
- Provide ongoing feedback that recognizes, identifies, and supports when improvement is recommended and when excellence is achieved to team members regarding productivity, quality of patient care, operational assessment, customer service and teamwork.
- Participate in daily monitoring and annual budgeting process based on established goals and objectives and monitor revenue cycle goals.
- Responsible for effective use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) including oversight of staff usage, coordination of training, and patient flow. Accurately enter data into PPSAT’s NextGen system.
- Implement health center and staff schedules to optimize staffing levels and patient flow to ensure efficient operations and excellent patient care in collaboration with Regional Director and Regional Lead Clinician.
- Responsibly manage documents & reports that include, but are not limited to, Quality Assurance, equipment maintenance, Accounts payable & receivable, mandatory training files, on site HR records, pharmacy product distribution, and other statistical reports as needed. Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversee ordering and accuracy of inventory for medical supplies, contraceptive supplies, and office supplies for the health center.
- Promote strong community presence in designated area as a PPSAT representative to identify community leaders and to promote the agency as a provider of education, information, and health services.
- Create partnerships with community organizations that can help PPSAT tailor education or clinical services to meet the needs of specific populations.
- In coordination with the Security and Facilities team, ensure a safe and secure environment for all employees, volunteers, patients, and visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Two to four years program management and quality assurance experience.
- One to three years’ experience in a healthcare environment/primary care - women’s health preferred.
- Able to self-motivate, work independently and function well as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities while affording attention to detail and organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information with diplomacy and tact.
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs and EHR database.
- Ability to adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Management/supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
- Starting salary within range of $52,100 - $62,100 per year, dependent upon experience.
- This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible.
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.