Charlotte, NC /
Public Policy & Field /
Our doors are open, and we are still providing care. Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is committed to providing high quality, inclusive, and non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare to all genders, sexual orientations, races, religions, abilities, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds. We are a team of compassionate and dedicated staff members, and we will continue to open our doors to those who need it. The challenges we face, past and present, only strengthen PPSAT's commitment to our community. Our work has staying power. Come join us one of the nation's leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare.
Learn more: ppsatcareers.org
Why Planned Parenthood? We are powerful educators, advocates and innovators for health care. We are seeking a passionate Community Organizer who is creative, pro-abortion, and ready to join the fight for reproductive justice.
What's cool about this job?
The Community Organizer conducts grassroots organizing activities that engage supporters and build relationships in their assigned area. This includes engaging with coalition partnerships to build power, hosting community events, mobilizing and managing volunteers, and working with campaigns to elect pro-abortion candidates.
Who You Are
- Passionate activist/volunteer for reproductive justice
- Fiercely pro-abortion
- Experienced with grassroots organizing campaigns (2 years); previous VAN experience preferred
- Connected & knowledgeable on working with BIPOC communities; bonus points for HBCU experience/connections
- Talented interpersonal communicator, capable of engaging and developing relationships with volunteers, coalition partners, and community leaders
- Outgoing leader, skilled in working through a lens a racial equity
What You'll Do
- Manage all aspect of grassroots organizing in Western North Carolina
- Train volunteers & community activists
- Execute rapid response events (including rallies or lobby days!)
- Host regular community engagement events
- Electoral engagement such as canvassing, voter engagement, phone banking, etc.
- Develop leadership & connections with local student groups
- Develop relationships with BIPOC communities; identify needs/opportunities
- Interact with state legislature
- Digital Organizing
- Recruit & Supervise Community Organizing Associates (interns)
Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM
Hybrid; remote & on-site
Requires occasional night & weekend work as needed for projects and events
Travel up to 30% in your assigned area (Western North Carolina)
What You Get:
All full-time employees are eligible for full benefits!
Including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Fringe Benefits, 403b Retirement Account w/ company matching, generous PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistant Provider programming, etc
This position's minimum pay rate is $22.05 an hour. Starting offers are determined by both the candidate's experience, and internal equity within the assigned pay grade.
PPSAT's compensation philosophy is based on equity and transparency. Build from data driven compensation studies, our positions are placed within a developed pay grad structure.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
This position requires a background check once a job offer is extended to the final candidate. PPSAT does not discriminate in employment and understands the many barriers candidates may face when applying to jobs. One of those barriers is the criminal justice system and its effects on background checks. We understand that these barriers more often negatively impact BIPOC, and as an organization, we are working to eliminate those barriers. A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, the seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions.
We are committed to workforce diversity and aspire to reflect the communities we serve. To that end, we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ identifying individuals, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups to apply.
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.