Adolescent Parenting Program Assistant
Wilmington, NC /
For a century, Planned Parenthood has been one of the nation's leading providers of excellent, affordable health care for women, men, and young people, and the nation's largest provider of sex education. Planned Parenthood health centers provide contraception, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, and lifesavings cancer screenings. We serve women, men, and young people from every community and income level. Our work has staying power. We serve our communities with non-judgmental, compassionate care, no matter what their circumstances.
Are you looking to make an impact in the lives of teen fathers and their families? If so, Planned Parenthood South Atlantic (PPSAT) is recruiting for an enthusiastic and caring individual for The Adolescent Parenting Program (APP) Assistant position. The APP Assistant is responsible for assisting in planning, coordinating, and implementing PPSAT’s community education parenting programs. The APP Assistant will provide additional outreach and training to the community by running group education sessions for teen fathers. The APP Assistant is a 2 year grant funded position that is seeking to hire a male candidate to work with teenage fathers.
Hours: Monday through Friday with possible Saturday working from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with community organizations, schools, and faith communities to develop partnerships for education programming.
- Assist the APP Coordinator in implementing the parenting program, including the evidence-based curriculum Be Proud! Be Responsible! Be Protective!
- Assist in supervising curriculum program participants.
- Recruit participants for a group of young fathers in the area, primarily the fathers of the APP participants’ children.
- Plan and conduct monthly meetings of the group that focus on different topics, including life skills, parenting, and violence prevention.
- Assist in coordinating the collection and submission of evaluation data.
- Provide community education and outreach as needed and directed by the APP coordinator and Senior Director of Education.
- Attend PPSAT, community coalition, and council meetings as assigned. Serve as liaison between PPSAT and partner organizations.
- Promote PPSAT philosophy and services in the community.
Education, Experience, and Minimum Requirements
- High School degree or equivalent.
- At least two years of experience working with youth.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in teenagers and youth development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities.
- Written and oral fluency in English required.
- Interest and knowledge in family planning, reproductive and sexual health issues.
- Experience in coalition building.
- B.S./B.A. in related field preferred.
- Previous experience in Public Health preferred.
- Benefits: Our benefits would include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, Life Insurance, Retirement plans, PTO, and Holidays and many more!
- Salary: Starting hourly rate of $15.00 and is dependent on experience
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.