Aspiring Medical Assistant- Part-time
Vienna, WV /
Patient Services /
For a century, Planned Parenthood has been one of the nation's leading providers of excellent, affordable health care for women, men, and young people, and the nation's largest provider of sex education. Planned Parenthood health centers provide contraception, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, and lifesavings cancer screenings. We serve women, men, and young people from every community and income level. Our work has staying power. We serve our communities with non-judgmental, compassionate care, no matter what their circumstances.
PPSAT in Vienna, WV is seeking an Aspiring Medical Assistant/Certified Medical Assistant to join our team. Our ideal candidate will be looking for a career, not just a job. We are all about providing quality care to our patients and providing a non-judgmental space where patients feel welcomed. This position will be responsible for maintaining front office, back office, assisting providers with daily in-office procedures, blood draws, and provide patient education when needed. We are accepting new graduates, newly-certified MA's and also an aspiring medical assistants that has a passion for providing care no matter what.
Job Type: Part-time (working 15 hours/a week)
Salary: Starting salary for non-certified HCA - $15.00/hour & CMA starting hourly rates commensurate with experience, minimum of $15.75/hour
Learn more about us---- https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-south-atlantic
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Customer service experience, preferably in the medical field.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask, and demonstrate use of effective communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, input, retrieve and analyze data daily.
- Experience in primary care/family medicine (Preferred)
- Experience in women’s health/reproductive health (Preferred)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (Preferred)
Certified Medical Assistant Requirements
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Certification from American Medical Technologists.
PPSAT prioritizes protecting our candidates, staff and patients and we are still HIRING. We are strong, supportive, and always thinking about the safest ways we can contribute to the community by providing jobs when people need them the most. Please know that our clinics are OPEN and our staff are providing patients with excellent care due to the use of Telehealth. We are also adhering to all of the recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in order to provide Care No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.