Chapel Hill, NC /
Organizational Development /
PPSAT prioritizes protecting our candidates, staff and patients and we are still HIRING. We are strong, supportive, and always thinking about the safest ways we can contribute to the community by providing jobs when people need them the most. Please know that our clinics are OPEN and our staff are providing patients with excellent care due to the use of Telehealth. We are also adhering to all of the recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in order to provide Care No Matter What.
PPSAT is seeking a motivated and passionate Training Specialist to join the Organization Development team. The Training Specialist assists with identifying training needs; develops, facilitates, and evaluates the education/training program primarily for the Patient Services department and organizational wide and will conduct training and maintain documentation for direct care staff specific to client centered communication application.
This is a full-time (40 hours a week), benefits-eligible position and can be based out of either our Chapel Hill or Charleston, SC office. The position schedule is Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Work in partnership with departments affiliate wide to develop and conduct new employee orientation, health center orientation and other required trainings.
- Collaborate with the Director of Training to develop a systematic training program for the affiliate. Implements training needs assessments with Director of Training.
- In collaboration with Training Director, designs, recommends, implements and administers training programs.
- Develops training material, partnering with subject matter experts on any clinical trainings. Writes material for new training programs; reviews, evaluates, and modifies existing and proposed programs; recommends appropriate changes.
- Conducts affiliate wide non-clinical training (or training of the trainers) and assists with clinical training when needed.
- Facilitates learning in Client Centered Communication behaviors on applicable topics, provides feedback and assessment of skill attainment as needed.
- Manages training group behavior, participation and overall environment to promote and maintain a positive, effective and fun learning experience.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training aides, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference books. Ensures necessary employee learning materials are developed and present at each training.
- Conducts training sessions for new hire training, on-the-job training, refresher training, etc. May test trainees using a variety of assessment tools to measure progress and to evaluate the effectiveness of training. Reports employee progress during training.
- Supports and provides guidance on organizational change initiatives by developing communication material, identifying and designing job aids, facilitating trainings or meeting associated with initiative.
- Actively participates in departmental activities to improve training methods and achieve affiliate goals.
- Manages other Training Department special projects as directed.
- Prepares training utilization reports and ensures that timely and accurate records are kept of all training activity.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a medical assistant (direct patient care) and demonstrate the ability to teach others how to provide these services while providing excellent customer service.
- A combination of high school diploma and three to five years of relevant experience in health care and/or training, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Training or related field.
- Two to three years’ of training experience, preferably including curriculum design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles
- Demonstrated experience in e-learning.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Starting salary within range of $52,100 - $62,100 per year, dependent upon experience.
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.