Community Organizing Associate / Intern (NC - Triangle/Eastern)
NC Triangle: Apex, Cary, Chapel Hill, Durham, or Raleigh /
Public Policy & Field /
Our doors are open, and we are still providing care. Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is committed to providing high quality, inclusive, and non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare to all genders, sexual orientations, races, religions, abilities, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds. We are a team of compassionate and dedicated staff members, and we will continue to open our doors to those who need it. The challenges we face, past and present, only strengthen PPSAT's commitment to our community. Our work has staying power. Come join us one of the nation's leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare.
Learn more: ppsatcareers.org
Why Planned Parenthood? We are powerful educators, advocates and innovators for health care. We are seeking a passionate Community Organizing Associate/Intern who is creative, pro-choice, and ready to join the fight for reproductive justice.
What's cool about this job?
The Community Organizing Associate/Intern assists the Community Organizer in the day-to-day operations of grassroots organizing activities that engage supporters with communities and volunteers. The Community Organizing Associate will also undertake a special project relevant to the work in the North Carolina Triangle/RDU region.
Who You Are
- Fiercely pro-CHOICE!
- Interested in grassroots organizing work, especially within reproductive health and rights
- Passionate activist/volunteer for reproductive justice; bonus points for Planned Parenthood volunteer or Generation Action experience!
- Talented interpersonal communicator, capable of engaging and developing relationships with anyone
- Knowledgeable about current affairs relating to/affecting Planned Parenthood
- Outgoing & Organized
- Creative problem-solver
What You'll Do
- Grassroots organizing activities in North Carolina (Triangle/RDU area)
- Electoral work for state and federal campaigns, including phone/text banking, door-to-door canvassing, voter education and event planning
- Assist in recruiting volunteers
- Assist in supporting Planned Parenthood Generation Action campus chapters
- Represent PPSAT at community events
- Independent project related to the organizing work you'll conduct in the community
- Supporter data input
Temporary Internship, 20 hours or less per week
Requires occasional night and weekend work
What You Get:
Experience and exposure in advocacy and grassroots organizing
Flexible work style
Experience with a trusted leader in affordable, high quality, health care
This position's minimum pay rate is $17.00 an hour. Starting offers are determined by both the candidate's experience, and internal equity within the assigned pay grade.
PPSAT's compensation philosophy is based on equity and transparency. Build from data driven compensation studies, our positions are placed within a developed pay grad structure.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
This position requires a background check once a job offer is extended to the final candidate. PPSAT does not discriminate in employment and understands the many barriers candidates may face when applying to jobs. One of those barriers is the criminal justice system and its effects on background checks. We understand that these barriers more often negatively impact BIPOC, and as an organization, we are working to eliminate those barriers. A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, the seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions.
We are committed to workforce diversity and aspire to reflect the communities we serve. To that end, we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ identifying individuals, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups to apply.
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.