Medical – Clinical /
Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida (PPSENFL) believes that reproductive self-determination and the right to privacy are core human freedoms. Our mission is to provide comprehensive sexual health care through the provision of education, advocacy and clinical services that are affordable, accessible and available to all women, men and youth in the community, regardless of the individual's income, race, marital status, religion, sexual orientation or residence.
If you love the idea of making an impact on the community with a strong mission oriented organization, we want to hear from you! You will be an integral part of our culture which fosters a commitment to our workplace values: respect, caring, support, teamwork, collaboration, accountability and responsibility.
POSITION GOAL: The purpose of this position is to provide under the supervision of the AMD and VP of Health Centers, comprehensive women’s health care in the areas of gynecology, sexually transmitted disease, family planning/contraceptive counseling and participate in the delivery of clinical, surgical and recovery services of PPSENFL patients.
- Promotes an organizational culture that embraces the affiliate’s workplace values of respect, caring, support, effective communication, teamwork, collaboration, accountability and responsibility; and works with staff to create and maintain a workplace environment reflective of these values.
- Deliver, coordinate and insure quality care, utilizing professional education and skill in history taking, patient education and follow-up.
- Provides pre-abortion education including review of medical records and contraceptive methods.
- Assists physician and patient during abortion procedure and maintaining a safe and aseptic environment.
- Ability to start IV’s, administer intravenous solutions and IV medications.
- Provide management of patient in recovery room following abortion procedure including assessing condition, monitoring vital signs and initiating emergency protocols as necessary.
- Adhere to Planned Parenthood’s standing orders and policies and procedures and use supervisor as back-up resource when needed.
- Consistently demonstrates the team approach to service delivery and makes constructive recommendations for improving team performance.
- Provide counseling, information and education to patients for post-procedure care, follow-up visits, contraceptive methods and reproductive care. In conjunction with proper documentation of these services and discharge planning.
- Carry out clinician orders such as dispensing contraceptive supplies and assure compliance with pharmacy standards.
- Manages abnormal test results.
- Administer medications and performs laboratory procedures.
- Provide information on sexuality, contraception, sexually transmitted disease, sterilization, medical problems, abortion, pregnancy options or other related needs.
- Uphold the confidentiality of patient information and insure that the clinic staff does the same.
- Disperse supplies and assist staff with ordering of clinic supplies.
- Ensures that customers receive superior customer service.
- Assists Director of Health Centers in leading a team that is responsive to the needs of patients and personnel of varying backgrounds and communicates a positive attitude about diversity and team work.
- Manage assigned patient load efficiently.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff and in-service meetings.
- Keep knowledge base updated and stay abreast of current trends and information.
- Interact with other community agencies and businesses marketing clinic services to customers.
- Works some evenings and Saturdays.
- Assists or perform other duties.
- The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the talks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assignment duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Florida. Previous experience in women’s health care preferred but not a must. Excellent organizational and communication skills, sound decision making and a commitment to efficient, quality health care. Comfortable when discussing sexuality, contraception, sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy options.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Federation of South, East, and North Florida is a Drug Free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.