Director of Development
Development and Public Affairs
Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes (PPSFL) is seeking dynamic and qualified candidates for the position of Director of Development. This critical position reports to the CEO and is responsible for all aspects of PPSFL’s results-driven annual fundraising campaign, including all broad-based solicitation activity and annual leadership giving. This position will also oversee major gifts and personal solicitation efforts for PPSFL and will be responsible for planning and management of fundraising and cultivation events.
The Director of Development will be expected to work closely with the rest of the PPSFL Development team, Board members, the Development Committee and volunteer solicitors. Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of strong relationship development and management, skills to manage multiple activities at once, and the ability to deliver goals on a deadline. Candidates will maintain a portfolio of leadership gifts prospects and will engage in cultivation and solicitation visits. Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and creativity are required. Additional requirements:
* Excellent presentation skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Available to work some weekends and evenings as required
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Access to a car as regional travel is required
· Masters or Bachelors plus 2 years of experience or Associate Degree with 5 years of experience.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in development, public relations, marketing or communications.
Deadline for cover letters and resumes: November 15, 2017
Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes is a leader in reproductive health care, rights and education in Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben and Tompkins Counties in New York. Our employees work in a positive team environment with opportunities for staff development and growth. We offer competitive pay and a rich benefits package, including generous time off.