Chief Operating Officer
345 Administrative Office /
Clinical Services /
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be an inspiring leader and healthcare strategist with a deep commitment to reproductive freedom and social justice to join a leading Planned Parenthood affiliate and help shape the future of sexual and reproductive healthcare for all people. The COO will lead a broad and dynamic team that provides frontline healthcare at our health centers across CT and RI, serving nearly 80,000 patients annually, and all clinical support functions, including the Clinical Research Program, Risk and Compliance, Centralized Clinical Follow-Up, Call Center, Laboratory, and Clinical Staff Training. The COO will report directly to the President/Chief Executive Officer and serve as a strategic thought partner to the President/Chief Executive Officer. The COO is a vital member of the Executive Leadership Team of PPSNE.
The successful COO will be an innovative, nimble healthcare leader with a track record of advancing access to care, implementing transformative healthcare initiatives, and supporting a matrixed team. PPSNE has a number of key healthcare innovation priorities including:
· Grow PPSNE’s impact on access to healthcare in CT and RI by providing an exemplary, high quality, patient-centered experience of care at all PPSNE health centers, demonstrated through increased visit volumes and data-driven patient outcomes.
· Expanding access to care through all modalities, with a unique focus on telehealth as means to address inequities in access to care.
· Strategically advancing the provision of primary care at PPSNE to meet critical gaps in identified communities.
· Ensuring that PPSNE examines and addresses health equity and disparities in health outcomes as a priority for the patients we serve.
This is an incredible opportunity for a motivating leader and dynamic operator who is excited to advance access to care to ensure that all people have the ability to control their own reproductive lives.
- Serve as the key healthcare business strategic leader, advancing the affiliate’s approach to expanding access to care, with a focus on sexual and reproductive healthcare and primary care, across our communities.
- Leads the delivery of an efficient, culturally responsive, and comprehensive health care service that lives up to our commitment to provide the highest quality, accessible, patient-centered care that is outcomes and impact-oriented with a focus on addressing health disparities.
- Develops the business plans for and implements or continues to advance innovative, forward-thinking clinical services that center the communities being served, including Family Planning, Abortion Care, Primary Care, Gender Affirming Care, HIV services.
- Ensures a clinical staff training program that provides the education, information, training and support needed for health center staff to have the skills, knowledge, and resources to be successful in their roles and provide evidence-based care.
- Oversees and is responsible for expanding patient access to care through a comprehensive call center and online appointment scheduling system.
- Ensures the continued growth and impact of the Clinical Research Program by providing direction and oversight of the Clinical Research Program in partnership with the Medical Director and Director of Clinical Research.
- Serves as the Compliance Officer for PPSNE, managing the agency-wide compliance, quality and risk management program and ensuring agency-wide compliance with PPSNE, PPFA, federal and state policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- In all facets of accountability and responsibility, ensures that the clinical support departments and frontline clinical care providers have the ability to deliver high quality, culturally competent care and customer service to all patients.
- Oversees and ensures high quality of service from PPSNE’s clinical laboratory and centralized clinical follow-up functions.
- Collaborates with Executive Leadership Team to foster systems consistency and break down departmental silos.
- Passionate commitment to PPSNE’s mission.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in healthcare, with proven leadership of highly functioning, team-based operations and systems of care and budgetary accountability.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in team management with the ability to motivate, inspire and build a team.
- Passionate commitment to PPSNE’s mission and values related to health equity, especially centering on racial equity, and a deep sense of accountability to community.
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data effectively and to inspire successful delivery on key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to be responsive to changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple complex initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and its impact on healthcare systems and care delivery.
- Demonstrated commitment to learning about and enhancing practices related to racial equity and the impact of structural racism on healthcare systems.
- Prior success in fostering cross-departmental partnerships and collaborations to advance success of organizational priorities.
- Entrepreneurial with experience implementing innovative healthcare initiatives.
- A strategic thinker with an analytic bent and a focus on outcomes, finances and impact.
- Sound judgement and grace under pressure with a track record of anticipating problems and negotiating solutions.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, including a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and humility in interpersonal interactions.
- A demonstrated ability to work and build trust across cultural differences as well as to effectively communicate across differences related to race, class, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or ability.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or higher in healthcare administration, business administration, organizational development, or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Reduce health disparities in our communities
- Work collaboratively with a passionate group of staff members and volunteers
- Take a stand on internal key issues that matter to you
- Work in a fast-paced, high energy, dynamic environment with a team who is passionate about the mission
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness programand more.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to:
Apply online: www.ppsne.org/jobs