Human Resources Specialist
New Haven, Connecticut /
Equity & Organizational Culture (EOC) /
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
In support of Planned Parenthood of Southern New England’s mission, the Human Resources Specialist assists in the coordination of the Employee Life Cycle Experience. This position supports to the Human Resources team in maintaining systems associated with the administration of benefits, maintenance of the Human Resources Information System and personnel records and providing New Hire Orientations. This person is a systems thinker who can build the processes and procedures needed to improve Human Resources operations.
Candidates must be able to work out of our office in New Haven, CT daily.
- Prepares and conducts orientations with all new employees. Provides a positive introduction to PPSNE’s workplace culture in alignment with our In This Together workplace values.
- Initiates all necessary paperwork for new employees including background checks and references. Ensures necessary paperwork is completed and on file.
- Administers the agency's program of benefits. Coordinates ongoing enrollment necessary to manage benefits for new and current employees.
- Acts as point of contact for new and current employees regarding questions and concerns about PPSNE's benefit package. Ensures that all enrollment and employee change of status is completed correctly and sent to plan administrators in a timely manner.
- Establishes methods to follow-up with plan administrators and employees to ensure quality customer service.
- Works directly with plan administrators to resolve problems or concerns with the plan. Receives and reconciles monthly insurance bills.
- Updates and maintains the HRIS system. Ensures that all new employee data is entered accurately into the HRIS system for payroll and benefit purposes. Collects all changes to HRIS data, including changes for name/address, wage, benefit time corrections, insurance deductions, and works with payroll to ensure that they are entered into the system each payroll cycle.
- Administers and tracks the Annual Conversation and Annual Increase programs. Provides materials and information to supervisors on a timely basis each month. Tracks receipt of materials and follows up as needed to obtain all information required.
- Generates and provides supervisors Paid Time Off reports and runs reports from the database as requested.
- Maintains personnel files. Ensures that all paperwork associated with employment is filed in the correct personnel file in a timely manner.
- Maintains these files within the boundaries of PPSNE's confidentiality policy and limits access to files in accordance with PPSNE policy.
- Seeks ways to further automate human resources data systems.
- Participates in the review of current organizational systems within the department and provides constructive feedback in order to create organizational change that is proactive and in the best interests of our customers.
- Serves as the HR department point person for maintenance of data and documents, e.g., agency organization charts, anniversary data, etc.
- Routine administrative support. Provides office support to the department to ensure the timely completion of daily administrative tasks. This includes producing accurate and professional written correspondence, acting as an initial contact person for general inquiries, generating and distributing department reports, updating databases, filing, and coordinating all meeting logistics, and planning for special events and HR training programs.
- Must be able to work out of our New Haven, CT office daily
- Requires at least two (2) years of related and/or applicable Human Resources experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree and/or Human Resources or benefits-related professional certification
- Ability to communicate complex benefits information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including establishing priorities, organizing workload and meeting deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality including confidential HR information and documentation
- Time management skills including prioritization, goal setting, and decision-making
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must possess the ability to work with changing priorities and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Passionate commitment to the mission, vision, and values of PPSNE
- Interested in and committed to racial equity and are committed to building and/or deepening your commitment to racial equity in your work
- Bring a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions
- Interact effectively and build trust with a diversity of people and has demonstrated an ability to effectively work across difference
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and Office 365 (OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint) and HRIS
- Accessible and flexible
- Takes initiative
- Culturally responsive
- Work collaboratively with a passionate group of staff members and volunteers
- Work in a fast-paced, high energy, dynamic environment with a team who is passionate about the mission
- Take a stand on internal key issues that matter to you
- Move the needle on equity and inclusion within a leading Planned Parenthood affiliate
Salary Range: Min: $41,746 Mid: $52,181 Max: $65,227 and is based on full years of experience
*Due to our commitment to equity and fairness PPSNE does not negotiate salaries.
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, educational assistance, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness program and more.