Bilingual Clinic Assistant
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
Position Summary: Planned Parenthood of Southern has an opening for a part time (20 hours per week) Bilingual (Spanish/English) Clinic Assistant to work out of our Meriden, CT health center.
Saturday: 1 Saturday per month (additional hours)
· Provides and supports the clinician in providing world class, quality healthcare services that support the whole person
· Provides excellent client centered customer service; makes certain the client is the center of all decision making
· Participates in health center effects to achieve established productivity and revenue cycle goals
· Partners with center manager and clinician to create efficient and effective system and processes to ensure business success and sustainability
· Knowledgeable of, understands and adheres to organizational and clinical standards, protocols, and policies
· Provide factual non-biased patient information and education necessary for the patient visit
· Performs technical clinical functions such as but not limited to: blood pressure, venipuncture, lab work, medical charting
· Performs basic office functions such as but not limited to: office reception, telephone triage, stocking supplies, filing, billing and coding, routine insurance data entry
· Ensures an environment that appreciates and embraces a variety of experiences and perspective which arise from differences in race, culture, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability and gender identity
· Solution-oriented; positive, optimistic, confident can-do attitude
· Ability to embrace a fast paced and dynamic environment where daily responsibilities could change frequently
· Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information with diplomacy and tact
· Must be comfortable when discussing sexuality, contraception, sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy options
· Must have attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required
· Bilingual Fluency (Spanish/English) is preferred but not required
· Must have flexibility and be able to work the above mentioned schedule and at least 1 Saturday per month
· Must have high school diploma or equivalent
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness programand more.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to:
Apply Online: www.ppsne.org/jobs