Nurse Practitioner (NP), Physicians Assistant (PA), Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
Providence, Rhode Island /
Clinical Services /
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England has an opening for a full time or part time (30 to 37.5 hours per week) Nurse Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwife or Physician Assistant to work out of our Providence, Rhode Island Health Center.
Be part of the diverse Planned Parenthood family. Work with like-minded individuals in an environment built on collaboration, open communication, and mutual respect. We’re looking for a dedicated NP, PA or CNM who is eager to make positive contributions to the community and to our mission. Planned Parenthood of Southern New England is one of the region’s largest providers of family planning and reproductive health care services. Since 1923, PPSNE has grown into an organization with 15 health centers in CT and RI delivering care to almost 70,000 patients annually.
PPSNE offers a generous benefits package including malpractice coverage, no on-call hours, extensive orientation and training, professional development, conference reimbursement, generous paid time off and more. Our commitment to learning, mission focused atmosphere, cutting edge medical standards and supportive work environment make us a great place to work.
- Work in the health center providing culturally competent reproductive health care services, including but not limited to preventive care, contraceptive care, medication abortion, miscarriage management, vaginitis treatment, STD screening/treatment to all genders, ultrasound, gender hormone care, pregnancy and HIV testing, education and counseling in accordance with evidence-based practice protocols
- Participate in clinical research studies
- Act as a medical resource for health center staff
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity and patient satisfaction
- Must be able to work independently and work as part of a team; partner with center manager
- National certification as a Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Certified Nurse Midwife
- Valid RI state license
- Must be available to work full time (37.5 hours per week) Monday-Saturday
- Understand Racial Equity: you have a demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and its impact on healthcare systems and institutions
- Self-awareness as it relates to racial and other identities: Is aware of multiple group identities and their dynamics, and brings a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions
- Authentic relationship building: Interacts effectively and builds trust with a diversity of people, and have demonstrated an ability to effectively work across difference. Communicates clearly and directly, continually able to hear, reflect, and act on feedback related identity and equity with the aim to learn
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have reproductive health care experience
- Spanish language fluency is preferred
Annual Salary: Min $90,169 Mid $112,711 Max $140,889 and is based on full years of experience. Additional compensation considered for floating.
New grads can expect a starting annual salary of $107,075
Annual salary above does not include the $5,000 sign-on bonus for all clinicians
Due to our commitment to equity and fairness PPSNE does not negotiate salaries.
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness program and more.