"GB" New Haven, Connecticut
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
Position Summary: Planned Parenthood of Southern New England has an opening for a full time (37.5 hours per week) GYN and Recovery Room Registered Nurse in our New Haven Health Center.
· Responsible for assisting the Clinician in the direct care of patients within protocols established by PPSNE
· Participates in the provision of all PPSNE medical services including in-clinic abortion and abortion by pill services
· Provides medical oversight for in-clinic abortion patients while in recovery
· Responsible for overseeing patient care in the recovery area with an emphasis on patient safety and comfort
· Provides direct patient care as needed including injections, patient support, phlebotomy, and laboratory work
· Provides education and information to patients in conjunction with the clinical component of their visit Manages the lab space to ensure supplies are up-to-date and are maintained according to quality control standards
· Assists with all administrative functions associated with follow-up care
· Must be licensed in the state of Connecticut and have experience in women’s health issues
· Must have at least 1 year of experience in a fast paced clinic setting
· Must have week day (morning and evening) and Saturday availability
· Must have good interpersonal skills communicating with patients and co-workers
· Must be committed to providing quality healthcare and excellent customer service
· Must have shown reliability and dependability and willingness to travel/float
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish or bi-cultural candidate preferred
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness program and more.
Please complete pre-screen questions and attach cover letter and resume for consideration.